Windows 10: Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Tried it as well. It does not work. Anything else I can try. I also found this Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10, 1709 build 16299.64 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bastet, May 9, 2017.

1. lepa71 Win User

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

lepa71, Dec 21, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Short of resetting Windows 10, you could use a new account instead, and copy over any files you wanted from the old account. *Sad

Brink, Dec 21, 2017
  3. lepa71 Win User
    I would prefer to avoid it.

lepa71, Dec 21, 2017
  4. rnchez Win User

Thanks Brink your Batch File worked beautifully *Smile

rnchez, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it was able to help rnchez. *Smile

Brink, Dec 22, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    I managed to get this to work again by deleting the files in %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets and renaming the files in %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings then restarting.

swarfega, Jan 14, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Nick, *Smile

The .bat file deletes the files in both those locations, and then re-registers Windows Spotlight for good measure.

Did the .bat file not help?

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Strangely I tried the batch file, unblocked it and ran it but it was still the same. Manaully doing it worked.

swarfega, Jan 15, 2018
  9. This is exactly my situation.
    All these are empty in my registry, and nothing I do seems to fix that. I've tried re-registering the app several times.
    I had content in the assets dir, that I delted, and nothing comes back, assuming because the registry is empty, so ContentDeliveryManager doesn't know where to put the files.

I will now check the data for those registry values on my sons' computers, and see if I can manually set them and get some reaction from my system.

No Substitute, Jan 27, 2018
  10. lepa71 Win User
    I'm trying to run reset batch and getting an error.
    Code: D:\Downloads>PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *ContentDeliveryManager*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}" Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. An internal error occurred with error 0x80070005. See Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows Store apps (Windows) for help diagnosing app deployment issues. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 5662ea17-97e3-0001-1f6b-6556e397d301 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 5662ea17-97e3-0001-1f6b-6556e397d301 At line:1 char:99 + ... fest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manife ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand[/quote]

lepa71, Jan 28, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello lepa71, *Smile

Are your running the downloaded .bat file from your desktop?

Brink, Jan 28, 2018
  12. lepa71 Win User
    No. I downloaded it to other folder. Should I?

lepa71, Jan 28, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Test running it from the desktop to see if that may be the issue.

Brink, Jan 28, 2018
  14. The answer is simple, once you know it! After trying all the fixes to resurrect Spotlight (Win10 Pro / 1709) which all resulted in failure, the simple answer was found: Settings > Privacy > Background Apps: Edge & Settings must be set to ON. Spotlight still doesn't work perfectly - but - another Win10 reset should fix the registry issues primarily with LockScreen > Creative which is basically empty. This is what was done:
    Completely deleted: Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager (must have permission - easy way TakeOwnerShip Pro App) > restored (using PowerShell Admin. approach) Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager (no errors) > turned ON Edge & Settings (which had been set to off > clicked Win Key + L > Spotlight. Now, it's not perfect: Preview Blank, Options (Like What You See, etc.) don't appear on the login Spotlight but do appear when the Win Key+L is used to view Spotlight. Disclaimer: This worked for me...but...every user setup is different. Additionally, Spotlight appears to have been coded by the Mad Scientist featured on Robot Chicken!!!

TooLate 2020, Jan 29, 2018
  15. lepa71 Win User
    Wow. This fixed everything. I turned on both Edge and Settings to be running in the background, then ran bat file and switched it to Spotlight and in a couple of minutes, Spotlight is working again.

Thank you all.

lepa71, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset register Spotlight

2. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  3. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  4. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?: Hello!I really liked the picture I was shown in my lock screen, but I am worried that I might have accidentally clicked the thumbs-down when I was just trying to sign in. Is there a way to reset my preferences in this regard? Thanks!...
  6. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu. If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it. This...
  7. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  8. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80073cf6 contentdeliverymanager

2. reregister windows 10 spotlight

3. re register windows spotlight

4. how to reset and reregister windows spotlight?,
  5. register windows spotlight,
  6. How to Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10,
  7. re register windows spotlight powershell,
  8. reset windows spotlight in windows 10 pro,
  9. Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10,
  10. reset and reregister spotlight windows 10,
  11. LockImageFlags,