Windows 10: Reset and Reinstall Windows 10 from the Cloud

Discus and support Reset and Reinstall Windows 10 from the Cloud in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThomasMaurerCH [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThomasMaurerCH, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Reset and Reinstall Windows 10 from the Cloud

/u/ThomasMaurerCH, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

Source: Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud - Windows Insider

How to Reset Windows 10

How to Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Reset and Reinstall Windows 10 from the Cloud

Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Hi Thimira,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What do you mean by “it was not synced with cloud data. Every time it does not connected”?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you reset the Windows Sockets and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh winsock reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you reset the Windows firewall and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh firewall reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to disable proxy and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck mark the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Reset and Reinstall Windows 10 from the Cloud

1. Reset and Reinstall Windows 10 from the Cloud - Similar Threads - Reset Reinstall Cloud

2. Cloud windows reinstall not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud windows reinstall not working: I tried to reinstall my windows but it froze with the HP logo initializing for more than 24 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-windows-reinstall-not-working/37e9d3c4-7b04-4b00-be59-87ac37cc70c4
  3. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?...
  4. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?...
  5. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Reset from cloud failing

Reset from cloud failing: Affernoon. I am attempting to reset from cloud, but getting an error that the files could not be downloaded. I have confirmed internet assess. Anyone have suggestions....
  7. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  8. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  9. Cloud Reinstall

Cloud Reinstall: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 and chose Cloud Reinstall and it says "Unable to reinstall. Please try Reset this PC using the local reinstall option" Any help on this?...
  10. How to reinstall or reset Windows 10 via the Cloud

in Windows 10 News
    How to reinstall or reset Windows 10 via the Cloud: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers to reinstall or reset Windows 10 using the Recovery method right from within the OS. It does not need to download any form of ISO, and it works well. The Windows team is taking it one step [...] This post How to reinstall or reset Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot reinstall windows from cloud