Windows 10: Reset App in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; No ...only the one about it only working with English win10 ...which you also have fixed I believe from reading that thread as I see French ,Italian ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Kbird Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

No ...only the one about it only working with English win10 ...which you also have fixed I believe from reading that thread as I see French ,Italian , swedish etc files in the thread but not in the OP. ( unless I am seeing a cached version or something? or it's not in RED ? )

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

the warning is in the OP of the Owner of files and Folders Thread

I guess I'll do the in-place upgrade and hope for the best....

Thanks.

** Edit Warning now added , thanks.

Kbird, Jun 19, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

The In-Place Upgrade looks to have gone okay thx again, the Store and People Apps now Open but my "Ownership" woes weren't corrected unfortunately, so I am wondering if there is a way to reverse "taking ownership" of C and D:\ drives , as currently I can't update text/doc files on D:\ for example , it only allows me to save them with a new name as if they are all read only now ,though the file properties don't indicate read only.

ie is the .reg command with Take ownership reversible?

Or is a clean install the only way?

Thanks again.

*** Edit ... looking at the Drives Security Tabs it appears C:\ was changed/fixed but not D:\ , it looks like Authenticated Users was replaced with my own identity.... maybe by me?

Kbird, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, a repair install will only affect the C: drive.

If D is not a system drive (no user folders, page file, etc...) and only a data drive, taking ownership of it should have helped with your permission issues on it.

As a test, are you able to do so for a file after taking ownership of the file?

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

D:\ had my Documents Folder Location moved to it to save space on the SSD , and music and photos are on E:\ for the same reason, so the permissions issue is big in that no Docs can be modified, only new versions made.

Not trusting myself to deal with these permissions errors I have download Windows Repair 3.9.2 (free) last night which purports to be able to Change all the permissions back to default , so will try that since I have a Drive issue , not a single file issue it seems.

Kbird, Jun 19, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Ooops .... should I not post links here ? , sorry I thought it might help someone else too.

only just finished the Permissions Repair on my Drives using 3.9.2 ( only used that option,nothing else) and it seems to have worked at least I can edit the document I was trying yesterday as a test and resave it now.

Kbird, Jun 19, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I'm on the latest Version 1511 Build 10586.420 and don't see the Reset option. Will the Reset feature be available on the major update from 2nd August?

Steve C, Jul 9, 2016
  7. Hi can you enlighten us more on what Reset Option you are referring to, as there are several

hTconeM9user, Jul 9, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

The App Reset function which is the thread title!

Steve C, Jul 9, 2016
  9. Hi have found this link
    How To Reset Windows 10 Apps
    Also I am on same build as you and you should find it in
    Settings
    System
    Apps and features
    click on that or any that you want and it should open ad allow you to reset it
    Mine shows it and works ok

hTconeM9user, Jul 9, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Steve, *Smile

The "Reset an App" feature in the tutorial on the first page here is only available staring with build 14328.

You will indeed have it in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on August 2nd.

Brink, Jul 9, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    Can I reset single apps in the meantime? I'm having problems in one user account where the Get Started app won't play videos and the Kindle app won't show the account information to login. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them with no effect.

Steve C, Jul 9, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 9, 2016
  13. Kbird Win User

Reset App in Windows 10

From your wording I thought you meant Win10 Reset too actually ,
    but as noted in post #2 this does not work in .420 , unfortunately neither did the App Reset tutorial Brink linked above , work for me, so I had to do an Inplace upgrade.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Kbird, Jul 9, 2016
  14. Steve C Win User
    I only upgraded yesterday!!! I think I'll wait until I have the app reset function on 2nd Aug and create another user account if that doesn't work.

Steve C, Jul 9, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    The inplace was painless for me .... but a clean install would be better but more time consuming , I have now ended up Clean installing both my Computers and things are better, it does need a time commitment to reinstall everything though.

you could try a sfc /scannow command too

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Kbird, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

Reset App in Windows 10

1. Reset App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset App

2. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  3. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  4. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  5. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  6. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

9. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  10. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...