Windows 10: reset battery charge in windows 11

Discus and support reset battery charge in windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; in windows 11, how do I reset to have battery charge to 100% rather than 80%?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Don672, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Don672 Win User

reset battery charge in windows 11

in windows 11, how do I reset to have battery charge to 100% rather than 80%?

:)

Don672, Jan 19, 2022

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

reset battery charge in windows 11 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

reset battery charge in windows 11 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2022
  4. reset battery charge in windows 11

Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

reset battery charge in windows 11

1. reset battery charge in windows 11 - Similar Threads - reset battery charge

2. optimized battery charging for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optimized battery charging for windows 11: how do i set my maximum battery charge from 100% to 80% on windows 11. I want to change my power plan on my windows 11 pc. i need a step by step approach to this. thank you...
  3. optimized battery charging for windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optimized battery charging for windows 11: how do i set my maximum battery charge from 100% to 80% on windows 11. I want to change my power plan on my windows 11 pc. i need a step by step approach to this. thank you...
  4. Battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY Reset: I have a laptop where the Battery report tells me that the battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY is much less than its DESIGN CAPACITY.I would like to know if there is a way to reset this setting somehow so that Windows can try to fully charge the battery, instead of stopping the...
  5. Battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY Reset

Battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY Reset: I have a laptop where the Battery report tells me that the battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY is much less than its DESIGN CAPACITY.I would like to know if there is a way to reset this setting somehow so that Windows can try to fully charge the battery, instead of stopping the...
  6. reset battery charge in windows 11

reset battery charge in windows 11: in windows 11, how do I reset to have battery charge to 100% rather than 80%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-battery-charge-in-windows-11/7d454541-7e94-463f-ab37-0caaae8ba077
  7. Windows 11/Battery dead and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11/Battery dead and not charging: I updated to Windows 11. BIG MISTAKE! Now, My laptop battery is dead and won't charge. I see lots of people had problems with the battery not charging, but my battery is dead and so none of those work for me. Will MS pay for a new battery for me since they broke my laptop?...
  8. Windows 11/Battery dead and not charging

Windows 11/Battery dead and not charging: I updated to Windows 11. BIG MISTAKE! Now, My laptop battery is dead and won't charge. I see lots of people had problems with the battery not charging, but my battery is dead and so none of those work for me. Will MS pay for a new battery for me since they broke my laptop?...
  9. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  10. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5