Windows 10: Reset broke secure boot

Discus and support Reset broke secure boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was having some issues from upgrading from Home to Pro edition, so I decided to reset my PC. Afterward, I had a boot loop and was forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by j_e_s_s_e, Jan 6, 2022.

1. j_e_s_s_e Win User

Reset broke secure boot

Hello, I was having some issues from upgrading from Home to Pro edition, so I decided to reset my PC. Afterward, I had a boot loop and was forced to turn off secure boot. I would like to keep it on. I tried several things in the BIOS, despite not knowing much about what I was doing. I deleted the keys in order to trigger "setup mode." Didn't work. I reloaded the factory keys. I tried to manually enroll an EFI image on the boot partition, although I wasn't sure which image to use. Didn't work after trying a few of them. It's ridiculous a routine reset would cause this. I never had these issues

:)

j_e_s_s_e, Jan 6, 2022

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jan 6, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jan 6, 2022
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset broke secure boot

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Reset broke secure boot

1. Reset broke secure boot - Similar Threads - Reset broke secure

2. Full reset broke pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full reset broke pc: Tried to do a full reset on my pc as I’m selling it but now it says user service can’t load, I’ve tried following some guides but I can’t even load up safe mode on the pc as it takes ages and then it’s just a white screen so I have no idea what I’m meant to do now...
  3. Full reset broke pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full reset broke pc: Tried to do a full reset on my pc as I’m selling it but now it says user service can’t load, I’ve tried following some guides but I can’t even load up safe mode on the pc as it takes ages and then it’s just a white screen so I have no idea what I’m meant to do now...
  4. Full reset broke pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Update broke Secure Boot, no recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update broke Secure Boot, no recovery key: Subject says it all. Laptop was registered to my childs outlook account but the recovery key is not there. Not quite sure how that is possible, but its 2022.She rebooted today and is presented with a bitlocker recovery key prompt.Are we just screwed? Did MS really push out an...
  6. Update broke Secure Boot, no recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update broke Secure Boot, no recovery key: Subject says it all. Laptop was registered to my childs outlook account but the recovery key is not there. Not quite sure how that is possible, but its 2022.She rebooted today and is presented with a bitlocker recovery key prompt.Are we just screwed? Did MS really push out an...
  7. Reset broke secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset broke secure boot: Hello, I was having some issues from upgrading from Home to Pro edition, so I decided to reset my PC. Afterward, I had a boot loop and was forced to turn off secure boot. I would like to keep it on. I tried several things in the BIOS, despite not knowing much about what I was...
  8. Boot broke 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot broke 0xc0000098: Damn, once again I turned a help post into a rant somewhat, sorry about that. Alright let's begin. Because of the lockdown, i could not replace my laptop's dying battery, so had to stick with it. Everything was fine until one day I turned on my pc without plugging it in. It...
  9. Network Reset broke my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Reset broke my computer: Hello, recently i used the network reset that windows has on their settings. It told me it was going to restart in 5 mins but i decided to just restart it myself. After the reset my ethernet was not even in device manger and now i have no internet. I decided to try and...
  10. 3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke: So about a month ago I did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 after noticing my antivirus and firewall was not working. And when I went to the security centre nothing was showing. I reinstalled windows 10 and also installed McAfee Total Protection All was working fine...