Windows 10: Reset button is not working

Discus and support Reset button is not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve got a problem with my wireless display adapter. It got stuck in a boot loop. When I power it on, the white loading screen shows up and several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samantha Anderson2, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Reset button is not working

I’ve got a problem with my wireless display adapter. It got stuck in a boot loop. When I power it on, the white loading screen shows up and several seconds later it turns off and restarts. I tried a hard reset and used a button on the dongle. But the reset button isn’t working. Though I was holding it for about 20 seconds, the light never flashed and it didn’t reset...

:)

Samantha Anderson2, Feb 23, 2019

2. Reset Button Not Working

Most reset buttons work with a single tap, but have you tried holding it down like one would a main power button?

Frag Maniac, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Reset Button Not Working

Hi,
    Exactly what tittle says. That's been bugging me for a while now but I couldn't find any information related to the issue so I just ignored it.
    Today I had to use the button to reset because I messed up doing something and system froze. Well like always before I force shut down I try to reset but it never works.
    This is exactly what happens: I press the reset button then the system pretends to be restarting but it never boots, no beeps no image or anything and thats it.
    Been using power button restart if system freezes.
    Checked the connections in the motherboard and everything is correctly connected.
    Could it be some option in the bios ?

Thanks

DiogoCDS19, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Krazy Owl Win User

Reset button is not working

Reset Button Not Working

I guess there is à function in the board bios that make you choose how to use the reset button.

Krazy Owl, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Reset button is not working

1. Reset button is not working - Similar Threads - Reset button working

2. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  3. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  4. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  5. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  6. Cant login and no reset button

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login and no reset button: i bought a computer online, it was really good but the seller failed to disclose to me the login. i had to check the serial code to make sure it wasnt stolen its not, hallelujah i was told to do shift+restart -> troubleshoot -> pc reset, but when i do that, there is no...
  7. Reset this PC Get Started button not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset this PC Get Started button not working: So I have been dealing with this problem for days and trying to solve it. I want to reset my PC it has so many problems I need a fresh start. But the problem is whenever I try to press Get Started it doesn't do anything. I also tried Fresh Start and nothing having and also...
  8. Push button reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Push button reset: Push button reset partition was just found on my win10 pro machine. google search revealed it was seemly an updated version of a restore point. it takes up 4.2 gigs of the 16 gig partition. Instructions in its use are sadly lacking. Anyone have any experience with this ? 130022
  9. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Reset button not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Reset button not working: Hi Everyone, My wireless display adapter v2 (the one with the windows 4 square logo) seems to be stuck in a boot loop. Every time it powers on you get the white loading screen and then after a few seconds it turns off and restarts. I have tried the troubleshooting tips, but...
  10. Push button reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Push button reset: Hello, I'm working for a project where we want to customize Win10 and retain the customization after a Push Button Reset. I was able to create a ppkg package with scanstate to retain apps. We would like to find a way to retain some user settings as well like favorites and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reset button not working