Windows 10: Reset childs family account password by parent

Discus and support Reset childs family account password by parent in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeftThan, Mar 9, 2019.

1. LeftThan Win User

Reset childs family account password by parent

Hello,

I created an account for my child and added to my family.

After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the password I realised that I could not. Microsoft asked for things like previous passwords and contacts for an account that never logged in !!!

Am I missing something or a parent should have the ability to reset a small childs password easily?

Whare are all these bigs things that Microsoft claims to ease family access and children monitoring, when a parent cannot reset a password?

I spent hours trying to gain access for my child to its account and I end up with a message to wait for 24 hours.

This is not a national security issue. It is a simple child account. I am giving up. I expected from Microsoft to make life easier but it is making it harder and more complicated.

:)

LeftThan, Mar 9, 2019
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Help resetting password on Child Account

This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer.

I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has forgotten her password and we are unable to adequately complete the recovery form in order
    for Microsoft to reset the password. This was a child's account, that I had to jump though all sorts of hoops to create in the first place (provide credit card, verification, create new family group and associated, etc.) and I can't reset the password as
    parent? THIS IS NUTS!

I have been using MS products for 35+ years and this is the most insane situation I have event been in. I have been administering Windows (and now Azure) active directory domains for the last 2 decades and have never encountered an issue where a password
    could not be reset by an account with delegated rights, which is what I assumed my "Parent" status of the family group would have allowed me to do!
    I can still apparently add money to the child account, and restrict device access/time allowed, but I can't reset the password?!?!

Microsoft service representatives, there has got to be a better way to allow parents to control their child's accounts. I get that accounts need to be protected and validated, but I would have figured that a parent requesting a password reset on a child
    account would have been validation enough.

J Honeyfield, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Reset childs family account password by parent

Unable to access or reset child account password

I wanted to use Microsoft family safety on a Windows 10 PC. To be able to setup proper control, I had to create two child accounts for my kids. These are new accounts and no emails sent or received (from known address). One account is working, but for other
    I am unable to login back and following the process to reset the password (Recover your account) does not work as 'automatic' process doesn't think enough details have been provided.

"Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership."

This child account is added to the family as well and I don't see any option to reset or change the password from parent/adult dashboard on the Microsoft account. Reading about Microsoft family safety, my understanding was that this will be possible
    for the parent to reset their child's password.

Thanks,

Imran Sadiq Khan, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Reset childs family account password by parent

1. Reset childs family account password by parent - Similar Threads - Reset childs family

2. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  3. How to reset a microsoft family childs password

How to reset a microsoft family childs password: I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone...
  4. How to reset a microsfot family childs password

How to reset a microsfot family childs password: I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone...
  5. Reset Child's account password

Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  6. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  7. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  8. Child's Family User Account Password

Child's Family User Account Password: Hi. I just created a family user account on my computer for my kids. I created an email to do so, but never created a password for the account. I did not want my kids to have to have to enter a password in order to sign in to the computer. The family user account is active on...
  9. outlook.com family password reset child

outlook.com family password reset child: Hello, I have tried to reset the password for one of the child's accounts attached in my microsoft family. Unfortunately I always get back the email from the automated system. It cannot verify ownership. How can it be that it cannot verify me as owner with my email holder /...
  10. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family reset child password

2. reset child password microsoft family

3. reset child outlook password

4. recover childs microsoft password,
  5. windows 10 reset child account password,
  6. reset microsoft family password,
  7. microsoft reset child password,
  8. reset child account password windows 10,
  9. reset childs microsoft password,
  10. child account outlook password recovery online,
  11. reset microsoft account kids password,