Windows 10: Reset Computer - New Startup Options?

Discus and support Reset Computer - New Startup Options? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I restarted my computer because everything was behaving a little slowly. When I was loading back in I got into a new start up type option as though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vellaura, May 29, 2020.

1. Vellaura Win User

Reset Computer - New Startup Options?

So I restarted my computer because everything was behaving a little slowly. When I was loading back in I got into a new start up type option as though I installed windows for the first time. I kind of went through it quickly as my friends where waiting for me to get into a game with them. Any who, It wanted me to connect my mobile phone number or something along those lines, i think for better authentication or security and then it asked If I wanted to install microsoft office and stuff.

It was really bothering me as to why this happened, was there a new update recently to inform people of these new options?

Could someone navigate me to this update and its details so I can go over the options again?

Thank you Reset Computer - New Startup Options? :)

Win Version 1909

:)

Vellaura, May 29, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 29, 2020
  4. Reset Computer - New Startup Options?

Computer reset major problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What happens when you try to boot the computer?
    • What was the issue which lead you to perform reset?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and perform a repair.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media
    creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform a Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings
    and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically. Perform the Startup Repair:

1. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually
    be F12.

2. The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may
    refer the user manual.

3. Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed,
    keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.

4. After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any
    key to boot from CD or DVD
    ". Press any key.

5. Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

6. Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

7. Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup
    repair

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Reset Computer - New Startup Options?

1. Reset Computer - New Startup Options? - Similar Threads - Reset Computer Startup

2. Reset password on new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset password on new computer: Just purchased new HP computer with Microsoft software. Set it up and no password will work. Took it to a tech and was told factory reset or Microsoft could reset the password. Need help can't get past the login screen...
  3. Issues at Startup with New Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues at Startup with New Computer: Hi, I recently built a new pc for Christmas and it's working great aside from the fact that since Christmas, I've had problems at startup 3 times which is more than I'm comfortable with. This includes a BSOD due to a memory management error and an error which occurred today...
  4. Is Resetting the computer the best option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Resetting the computer the best option?: Hi, I got a new computer so I downloaded the backup from my last computer into this one ASUS VivoBook. Then I realized it had a lot of stuff I don't need anymore, so I started erasing them. But there are some apps, direct access links, and documents that I'm not able to erase...
  5. Startup option

Startup option: I CAN NOT ACCESS TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION I get to sartup option by using one of the three methods and i press trouble shoot and then it doesn't Show the "Reset your pc" and "Advanced option" so i can't access cmd and other essential programs please help me...
  6. New computer startup blues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer startup blues: I just bought a new HP Pavilion All-in-one computer. I have several issues. Let's take the easies one first: When I open "Control Panel" and click 'view' I can't make any changes to it....
  7. Startup/reset

Startup/reset: Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to...
  8. Options On Reset Option

Options On Reset Option: When I go to System/Recovery/Reset and I'm given the 2 options of leaving personal files intact versus the entire reset, does the FULL reset ALSO delete my extra partitions so I'm left with only a C:\ drive? 50842
  9. No brightness option on new computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    No brightness option on new computer?: I just bought a new computer and new display and for some reason I cannot turn down my brightness. There just is no option where it should be. Is this an issue with my display or system? 80882
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998