Windows 10: Reset computer to prior date

Discus and support Reset computer to prior date in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-computer-to-prior-date/c2c95361-adf6-4db6-8409-c95ef0ce1161 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArthurHastings1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Reset computer to prior date

How do I do this

:)

ArthurHastings1, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Bwhit11 Win User

RESET TO PRIOR DATE

I want to reset my windows 10 to a prior date. I cannot find where I can enter the date I want to use. My Quicken info was lost and want to recover it to the way it was 4 days ago.

Bwhit11, Apr 8, 2020
  3. kpk1 Win User
    Something resets BIOS time to a prior date

I have a batch of HP Prodesk 400 G2 computers with UEFI and Windows 10.
    From time to time, every day, the time and date reset to a fixed one, 2-3 weeks ago.
    I checked and reset the time from the UEFI. Windows 10 read this time and works ok. After some time the clock resets again to a previous date, 2-3 weeks ago, the same date.
    Because I use the same Windows 10 image disc for all the PCs many of them works fine but 3-4 of them don't.
    So what can cause this type of malfunctioning?
    I'm not sure the battery is the problem since that's nothing to indicate that. The computer is 1 year old. Could a malfunction of the battery cause the problem ?
    Thank you!

kpk1, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Reset computer to prior date

Unable to reset computer

Hi,

To better assist you on how to factory reset your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?
    • What error messages are you getting?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Reset computer to prior date

1. Reset computer to prior date - Similar Threads - Reset computer prior

2. Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop: I have done a reset on my HP laptop as I am going to sell it. I don't understand at what point to 'stop' - when the setup questions start - e.g connect to Wifi, Language, Keyboard, etc. At what point do I just switch the laptop off ready for the buyer to set up? (Windows 10)...
  3. reset computer to previous recovery date

reset computer to previous recovery date: I'm using Windows 10. I Reset computer to previous recovery date and the system is not working. It ask for password to sign in but won't except password. It gives the options to restart or advance options. When you select either of those options it just brings you back to the...
  4. how to increase pause update time prior to current pause date?

how to increase pause update time prior to current pause date?: I am unable to open 'pause' option in 'updates and security' setting because it is currently set on pause until Dec 15, tomorrow. Also cannot open 'advanced' option in 'updates 'settings. I am trying to delay/avoid Window's automatic installation of v.2004 as long as...
  5. Prior emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prior emails: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  6. Every time computer re-boots, it resets itself and will not remember any changes made prior...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every time computer re-boots, it resets itself and will not remember any changes made prior...: I have been attempting to fix the Blue Screen of Death on my new desktop running Windows 10 pro 64bit. The Blue Screen Of Death started last week while watching a streaming video on amazon. BSOD gave the error "critical process died" As of now, the BSOD occurs every 5 to...
  7. RESET TO PRIOR DATE

RESET TO PRIOR DATE: I want to reset my windows 10 to a prior date. I cannot find where I can enter the date I want to use. My Quicken info was lost and want to recover it to the way it was 4 days ago....
  8. Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date

Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date: I was downloading photos from iphone to Windows 10 computer into my pictures folder. I thought I was downloading most recent pics and created a description for the new folder. What happened, it changed the name of all my pictures in the original folder to the new name. Is...
  9. How to restore computer prior to yesterdat?

How to restore computer prior to yesterdat?: Have no e-mail, g==mail or facebook accts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-computer-prior-to-yesterdat/c025691a-f4f2-4ef7-a3d2-b7e1e28eda8d
  10. Windows 10 has deleted my emails dated prior to 2015

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 has deleted my emails dated prior to 2015: Windows 10 has deleted my emails dated prior to 2015. I have checked the account settings, sync is set to 'all'. How do I recover my old emails?...