Windows 10: Reset computer without recovery key or Microsoft ID

Discus and support Reset computer without recovery key or Microsoft ID in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I need to totally wipe and reset. I do not have the recovery key and am not sure what Microsoft account it is affiliated with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MohammedHasan8, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Reset computer without recovery key or Microsoft ID

I have a laptop that I need to totally wipe and reset. I do not have the recovery key and am not sure what Microsoft account it is affiliated with. It's a HP laptop with windows 10. Is it possible to reset the laptop without either? I don't have any of the passwords, admin login, etc.

:)

MohammedHasan8, Jul 31, 2021

2. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID

Hi Dave, thank you for your quick response.

I believe is a Windows 10 system.

The steps above are the ones I originally tried to take. I went to trouble shoot, advanced, and then to reset. I chose the 'erase all' option. However, after a do this, a blue screen appears that asks for 'Enter the recovery key to get going again'.

There's a 'skip this drive' option below, but clicking that only puts me back to the home login screen.

So, the issue is not the Windows 10 recovery, but the system reset.

ImogenThomas, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Bitlocker recovery key ID

I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a different key ID. I think j have more than one device with this email address. Hiw do i get the recovery
    key for the other device tvst is not listed?

RayTucker2, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Reset computer without recovery key or Microsoft ID

Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Reset computer without recovery key or Microsoft ID

1. Reset computer without recovery key or Microsoft ID - Similar Threads - Reset computer without

2. I followed advice on how to Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID and lost my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I followed advice on how to Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID and lost my...: I found an old work laptop. I don't have the password anymore so I tried resetting it by installing Windows 11 but it said it needed a BitLocker Recovery Key which I don't have. I googled and followed the advice in the link below to reformat my BitLocker partition and my...
  3. I followed advice on how to Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID and lost my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I followed advice on how to Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID and lost my...: I found an old work laptop. I don't have the password anymore so I tried resetting it by installing Windows 11 but it said it needed a BitLocker Recovery Key which I don't have. I googled and followed the advice in the link below to reformat my BitLocker partition and my...
  4. I followed advice on how to Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID and lost my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.: Hi! I had seen that this was a thread already but I have an entirely different device. I have a company computer that no one has access too, passwords and everything were forgotten. The company didnt want their devices back so here we are. The device that I have is a dell....
  6. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.: Hi! I had seen that this was a thread already but I have an entirely different device. I have a company computer that no one has access too, passwords and everything were forgotten. The company didnt want their devices back so here we are. The device that I have is a dell....
  7. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Recovery key ID

Recovery key ID: So here's the story. HP 15 laptop, bought from Walmart 12/28/21, suddenly stops loading Windows. The HP logo will start, the dots will circle for a second, then blue screen forever. Logged into my Microsoft account and discovered I have no recovery key. My screen to enter my...
  9. Recovery key ID

Recovery key ID: I found a bitlocker recovery key ID but don’t know where it goes? Where do I input this number to get my bitlocker recovery key? If possible at all. I have tried looking around online and can’t figure it out. I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11 and the next day...
  10. Reset without recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset without recovery key: I have a surface pro 8. It was unused for a couple of months and ive forgotten my pin and my password. When i try to reset my password it tells me "this requires outside media" so i did what it told me to on some forum and it said i needed the bitlocker recovery key. 1. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to format or resseting to a pc which missing recovery key?

2. trying to reset this pc but no recovery key