Windows 10: reset computer

Discus and support reset computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to reset my computer to its original settings, how do I do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickGilstrap, Sep 6, 2018.

1. reset computer

I need to reset my computer to its original settings, how do I do that

:)

RickGilstrap, Sep 6, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 6, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 6, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

reset computer

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

reset computer

1. reset computer - Similar Threads - reset computer

2. Computer reset problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer reset problem: I have a Lenevo yoga laptop that I havent used in quite some time. I reset my laptop completely and like normal the laptop began to rebinstall windows. I encountered a problem where the loading screen was stuck at 65% and it was easily fixed but after the download was done i...
  3. Update 20H2 Reset My Computer

Update 20H2 Reset My Computer: Following the update, I found that it looked as though my computer had been reset. everything from my desktop background to my start menu shortcuts had been reset. Programs I run on startup like Rainmeter, discord, and steam didn't run and even were missing from my programs...
  4. Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer.: Last week, I reset my pc, keeping all my files and only deleting the programs. Now, whenever I try to open Microsoft Store or any windows app, be it Photos, Calculator, or anything else, they just won't open. They don't even pop up with anything.I've tried so many different...
  5. Computer crashes during sleep, sometimes resets browser cache for some reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer crashes during sleep, sometimes resets browser cache for some reason: Hi,Lately when putting my computer to sleep when I go to bed, when I start using it again the computer has crashed, and sometimes even reset my browser cache and logs me out of apps on my computer, e.g. Steam and Battle.net. Today it logged me out of all websites and...
  6. when i go to print my computer crashes and also reset my printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i go to print my computer crashes and also reset my printer: Un able to print crashes my computer, was advised by the printer company that there is a windows blue screen update but when i follow the correct update and go to install using the standalone windows installer it say not available on this system to run!!! getting really...
  7. I did factory reset on my computer and the mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did factory reset on my computer and the mouse and keyboard not working: I did factory reset on my computer and the mouse and keyboard not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-factory-reset-on-my-computer-and-the-mouse/7a70e051-54cd-416a-a8a0-bba89c41244f
  8. After a reset of my computer, it tells me that windows is not active, and there is an error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After a reset of my computer, it tells me that windows is not active, and there is an error: Hi, Recently, due to an error of the disk, I've decided to reset my PC. When I reset it, i noticed some strange issues, like an error trying to install Office 365. The major problem here but, is that today, when I logged in, the PC told me that windows is not activated....
  9. Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41: My computer consistently freezes while playing video game. When the computer freezes it locks solid leaving the last thing on the screen and the audio glitches out as well sounding like its just playing the last sound extended until I long press the power button. Event Viewer...
  10. how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt

how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt: After I update my computer to 20H2 from 1909, when I boot by computer, I can only go to BIOS or cmd, how to remove update from the cmd, and what is the command? Update: from Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 20H2 Computer modal: Lenovo ideapad 100...