Windows 10: reset computer

Discus and support reset computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to reset my computer to its original settings, how do I do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickGilstrap, Sep 6, 2018.

1. reset computer

I need to reset my computer to its original settings, how do I do that

:)

RickGilstrap, Sep 6, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 6, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 6, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

reset computer

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

reset computer

1. reset computer - Similar Threads - reset computer

2. Windows flash drive watermark after resetting computer because of glitch..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows flash drive watermark after resetting computer because of glitch..: Hi there, I recently had to reset my computer because of an error that windows gave me. There was no fix, i could not boot up windows for days. I tried ages to fix it and nothing worked. So, i went onto my laptop and downloaded the flash drive to completely reset my windows....
  3. My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was...: Actually computer was asleep. Turned it on and all my customizations were reverted to factory reset, my gmail in outlook and custom contacts forms all gone (big deal! I use customized outlook templates and cannot revert without using my comma delimited backup), start menu...
  4. stuck in windows 10 with update and also with resetting the computer

stuck in windows 10 with update and also with resetting the computer: my name is Bader Uddin. I am stuck with windows update. cant reset the windows, I don't know why. I tried many tips from all over the internet. cant do to anything. I went back to windows 8.1 from recovery and stuck there on windows 10 setup tool because of a loop stuck...
  5. My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....: My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and therefore is now locked. I have tried all suggestions provided, but none have succeeded. What’s next to unlock my computer?...
  6. I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?

I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?: There's an option to reset your computer whilst keeping personal files. My computer recently had major problems starting up windows. So, l thought I should reset my pc to fix this problem. Unfortunately, my computer wouldn't reset. I left my computer running for hours and...
  7. when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

in Windows 10 Support
    when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.: When the computer resets, the mouse cursor is set to the windows default - why does every version of Windows 10 not allow you to add a custom cursor? - well... allows you to add a cursor for one session? - it seems that windows 10 is not stable, and was made by armatures......
  8. computer reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer reset: hi everyone so someone has typed in the wrong password in my computer so many times that it has reset and i have lost some of my data any help on how i can retrieve it back...
  9. Windows won't let me reset my computer

Windows won't let me reset my computer: I recently inherited a Dell Inspiron 5000 with Windows 10 installed, the computer has always been problematic so I tried to do a clean boot and follow a Youtube video on it. After that, I restarted the computer, I couldn't access wifi, sound, and pretty much anything on the...
  10. Can to many Factory Resets damage a Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can to many Factory Resets damage a Windows 10 computer?: Example two if the computer is getting black screen issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-to-many-factory-resets-damage-a-windows-10/bcf94bde-2425-45f5-8c7c-f98748d95a8b