Windows 10: reset computer

Discus and support reset computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to reset my computer to its original settings, how do I do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickGilstrap, Sep 6, 2018.

1. RickGilstrap Win User

reset computer

I need to reset my computer to its original settings, how do I do that

:)

RickGilstrap, Sep 6, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 6, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 6, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

reset computer

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

reset computer

1. reset computer - Similar Threads - reset computer

2. 3 computers in which the external monitors have reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3 computers in which the external monitors have reset: I have 3 users in which their external monitors have reset back to "defaults". One user had all their monitors default to duplicate, one user had their icons change to using both screens instead of the "main display" and their personal background disappeared, and the third...
  3. error on all ways to reset my computer

error on all ways to reset my computer: i have tried resetting my computer (like deleting all files and even keeping files) to just get a fresh start but i keep getting an error on all sides of trying to reset my pc, i have tried doing it from the system recover side also from the more options side and also by...
  4. Reset computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset computer: I reset a laptop I bought and mistakenly chose wrong Windows version. Troubleshooter can not fix. Now I am not able to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-computer/f44617d4-c4e4-4ff8-b3e4-1e2014b367fc"
  5. Cant login to computer following turning off during reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login to computer following turning off during reset: So recently I wanted to reset my computer and after noticing that the Installing Windows stage was stuck at 65% I took to the internet for help and it was suggested to turn off my computer. Well now that Ive done that its asking me to login and when I enter my email and...
  6. Problems resetting my laptop computer

Problems resetting my laptop computer: Hello, I tried to reset my computer (To Windows 10 from Windows 8) and it stopped at 40% while resetting. It has been at 40% for more than 1 week. This is the third time I have tried to reset my computer unsuccessfully. I have attached the message that I receive when I...
  7. restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer: i did a factory reset and cannot do anything or even see network settings on my laptop. is there any way to restore my desktop and windows 10 without a cd or password?...
  8. how do i reinstall items that were lost during computer reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i reinstall items that were lost during computer reset: how do I reinstall apps lost in return windows 10 to default I have a list as long as your arm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-items-that-were-lost-during/645d6ae3-bc2e-4e00-abc5-be71bb3d3959
  9. Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?

Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?: I am reseting a computer to give it to my neighbor. When I go to the reset menu, it says that it deletes all accounts on the PC. I use this same account on another PC. Will it delete the account or will it just delete it from the PC? Thanks...
  10. windows 10 suggested that I reset my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 suggested that I reset my computer: Windows 10 solution was reset my compute to fix bugs and then it erased my microsoft office 2013. cant get in touch with the person who sold me the computer. Windows charged me 12.50 for the monthly use and then told me that they did not recognize me and it would shut...