Windows 10: reset computer

Discus and support reset computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to reset my computer to factory settings...How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flyingwhatcotts, Jan 25, 2021.

1. reset computer

I would like to reset my computer to factory settings...How do I do this?

:)

flyingwhatcotts, Jan 25, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 25, 2021
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 25, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

reset computer

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

reset computer

1. reset computer - Similar Threads - reset computer

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  5. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  6. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  8. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  9. How do I factory reset a windows computer without having access to the desktop or safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I factory reset a windows computer without having access to the desktop or safe mode?: I believe my computer has a corrupt file that keeps causing it to crash every time I try to boot it up. When I try to turn it on, it says critical_process_died. Then opens up a blue screen with several options like factory resetting, resetting to a different start point,...
  10. How do I factory reset a windows computer without having access to the desktop or safe mode?

How do I factory reset a windows computer without having access to the desktop or safe mode?: I believe my computer has a corrupt file that keeps causing it to crash every time I try to boot it up. When I try to turn it on, it says critical_process_died. Then opens up a blue screen with several options like factory resetting, resetting to a different start point,...