Windows 10: Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default

Discus and support Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al Unver, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Al Unver Win User

Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default

:)

Al Unver, Aug 25, 2019

2. RE: Reset Default colors

Hello everyone, I need to change my colors back to default colors. I have tried personalization, display and settings nothing works for me. I have lost the color on my start up screen, my lock screen also the color to all other pages are all different
    colors. I have a new Dell Lap top I have had it nine months. I hope someone can help me . My Dell Laptop is also running so slow. I don't know why I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,

Judy Davis, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Patrick Win User

Color Calibration of two Dell U2415 monitors - both too yellow?

I just received two Dell UltraSharp 24 U2415 monitors, which proudly boast "Award winning monitor with unbeatable color".

I am hooking these two up to a single laptop, an ASUS GL551K running Windows 10. One of them is via the provided Mini DisplayPort cable, the other through an HDMI cable to HDMI input on the monitor.

The problem is they both look bad. The whites are yellow, and as someone who stares at a sea of code all day, none of the colors look familiar.

They look fine on the laptop, nice bright whites, but both of the Dells are no good. I hooked it up to a Mac and it looks a lot better on that side.

To make a long story short, I have tried all of the following, and am unable to get a pure "white" color on either of these two monitors:

• Use in-monitor menu system to reset every option back to "factory defaults"
    • Went into Color Calibration in Windows 10 and remove any pre-set profiles there, whether my own or Dell's
      • Ran monitor calibration, and it looks fine for gamma, contrast, and gray
      • Manually adjusted the RGB sliders to attempt to get a whiter white, but as close as I can get, it is not white. It looks like faded paper.

I highly doubt that I could get delivered two top-selling 24" monitors and both of them have a problem, so I'd just like to know how to adjust this. I went through other tutorials step-by-step, and so far, no luck.

I understand there are a whole host of "taking a photo of screens" when it comes to color calibration, but this is what I see ... close enough, anyway:

Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default JEByq.jpg

Thanks!

Patrick, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default - Similar Threads - Reset Dell Laptop

2. Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults: Hello everyone this concerns. I have an HP laptop that was manufactured back in July 2016. I want to start using it again. However, the laptops lcd screen is broken and I want to reset it. I went out of my way to do it myself using an external monitor connected using HDMI....
  3. Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults: Hello everyone this concerns. I have an HP laptop that was manufactured back in July 2016. I want to start using it again. However, the laptops lcd screen is broken and I want to reset it. I went out of my way to do it myself using an external monitor connected using HDMI....
  4. Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory reseting Dell Inspiron laptop with a broken screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reseting Dell Inspiron laptop with a broken screen: So I found my old laptop but the screen is internally cracked, so I can't use it anymore the way it is. I decided to plug it in into an external monitor, and it worked as a desktop and it was working fine, although it was slow. However, I forgot about it again. Today I found...
  6. Reset W10 display settings to default colors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset W10 display settings to default colors?: In an attempt to fix unwanted dark mode in Chrome, I managed to convert my Windows 10 display into grey shades, i.e., no color. I need step by step on how to restore to defaults for product build 18362.1198. All other posts to this type of issue seem obsolete with changes to...
  7. Resetting Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Dell laptop: I recently had to pullout my older dell laptop. Went through the process to reset the computer but now i cannot login after startup. It keeps pulling up the administrator to login but it tells me the specified domain cannot be contacted or does not exist. It is a dell...
  8. How to reset screen color/settings to Windows 10 Default?

How to reset screen color/settings to Windows 10 Default?: How do I reset screen color/settings to Windows 10 default? Can't figure out what I've done, but the display/laptop screen is white and shades of light gray....
  9. Reset my laptop to correct color screen

Reset my laptop to correct color screen: I'm not sure exactly how but my unit changed the screen color from what it was to a almost like night mode dark color. I have done some reseting and got it much better than it was and it now has color in the screen but its not like it was. I'd like to revert back to like it...
  10. How to reset to default colors?

How to reset to default colors?: After recalibrating the color, I made a mistake and need to figure out how to reset the main color pallet to the default windows 10 colors? How can I do that? I'm not talking about a theme but instead the main colors before they were ever changed to begin with?...