Windows 10: Reset display and setting 4k monitor

Discus and support Reset display and setting 4k monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just bought my new 4K monitor. I connected it to my laptop and it is working beautifully. I put my laptop in stand-up for a while. Then, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnricoUk, Sep 14, 2020.

1. EnricoUk Win User

Reset display and setting 4k monitor

I have just bought my new 4K monitor. I connected it to my laptop and it is working beautifully. I put my laptop in stand-up for a while. Then, when I reopened it, I couldn't connect my screen anymore it is working with another laptop than the monitor is working.

In the Settings > Display I see this screen:

Reset display and setting 4k monitor 16b4f9ce-50c2-4c82-b63c-b7fc3348fb52?upload=true.png

I don't have 6 monitors. I tried to disconnect and connect the monitor again without success. Also, I tried to remove from the registry the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\

\Configuration

\Connectivity

\ScaleFactors

and restart my laptop but nothing has changed. The monitor I want to connect is a Samsung LU32J590UQUXEN 32-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 LED Monitor.

:)

EnricoUk, Sep 14, 2020

2. Windows display settings not recognising my 4K monitor resolution

I have a Philips BDM4350 4K monitor.

I have a surface book with GPU and Windows 10.

I have a Mini Display Port adapter connected to a 23 Gbps 4k HDMI cable and the monitor set to HDMI 2.0.

It does not have the option for 4K in Windows setting and only allows 1080.

Any thoughts?

Charliebrisbane, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Monitor Resolution reset after system restart

Hi there,

I just bought a new 4k Monitor and added it to my system as primary monitor with my 1080p monitor as secondary. The problem I face everyday is when is start my system, the monitor resolution is reset. Earlier it used to reset my 4K monitor to 1080p and when
    I check settings: Display Settings --> Scale and Layout it say 'A Custom Scale factor is Set'. To resolve it I had to log out and log in. After logging back the resolutions are fine and the Display Settings --> Scale and Layout 'A Custom Scale factor is Set'
    is not 200%. But now from yesterday my resolution of 1080p display is getting changed to 4k on system restart. Again I have to do the above steps mentioned to resolve it. This is really annoying, why does not Windows remember my 2 monitors resolution. It
    would be really helpful if anyone can suggest the solution.

My system details if it helps to find solution:

OS - Windows 10 latest update

Monitor 1 - LG 27UD68-B (set to 4K native)

Monitor 2 - LG E2360V (set to 1080p native)

Graphics Card - Nvidia GTX970

gamer_patri0t, Sep 14, 2020
  4. pmwfre Win User

displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset display and setting 4k monitor - Similar Threads - Reset display setting

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small: I use my 4k tv as a computer monitor but now everything is way too small. How do I enlarge the icons and text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-4k-monitor-displays-too-small/2ad8c5d7-ca21-4d40-b561-0a56401cc459
  6. 1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?: Is it somehow possible to get both displays to the same size in the display settings despite different resolution ? Because it annoys me a lot when I go up sideways with the mouse that I end up at a different point on the TV than I am out of the monitor. [ATTACH]...
  7. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  8. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4k display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k display: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. 4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop: Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the 4k display mainly...