Windows 10: reset display settings only??

Discus and support reset display settings only?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to reset my display settings and personalization settings without reseting the whole pc??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephWhaley1, Feb 9, 2020.

1. reset display settings only??

Is there a way to reset my display settings and personalization settings without reseting the whole pc??

:)

JosephWhaley1, Feb 9, 2020

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

reset display settings only??

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

reset display settings only??

1. reset display settings only?? - Similar Threads - reset display settings

2. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  3. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  4. Cannot reset recommended Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reset recommended Display Settings: After experimenting with display scaling trying to match laptop with a second monitor, I cannot reset the recommended scaling. Hence, the laptop Desktop is lacking the vast majority of icons/links normally there. The second monitor shows the normal Desktop....
  5. How to reset "show only display 2" setting?

How to reset "show only display 2" setting?: Hey! I've got a PC with Windows 10 and one monitor. I wanted to add a second monitor note that this one's an old 4:3 display w/ VGA cable. I bought an adapter from VGA to HDMI my graph card has 1 HDMI and 3 DP slots, one of the latter is for my main monitor. The first time I...
  6. Display Setting's Reset on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Setting's Reset on Boot: Hello, I'm having this issue with my new setup. motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max CPU: amd 3600 GPU: MSI 2070 Super x Trio OS: windows 10 Primary Display: Aorus AD27QD (Display Port) Secondary Display: hp 23xi (HDMI) so the problem is, sometimes i get a very long...
  7. Unable to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to reset display settings: A family member recently 'changed something' related to the Windows 10 display settings (don't ask !) Ever since the PC boots into Windows and shows a black screen. I'm reasonably technical and have tried some things I've found by searching, but nothing works. I can boot into...
  8. Unable to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to reset display settings: A family member recently 'changed something' related to the Windows 10 display settings (don't ask !) Ever since the PC boots into Windows and shows a black screen. I'm reasonably technical and have tried some things I've found by searching, but nothing works. I can boot into...
  9. Reset display settings

Reset display settings: I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy. A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop. I was using VG because my HDMI was too short. Anyway, everything was working just fine, and for no reason, once I tried to change refresh rate on my extended...
  10. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....