Windows 10: Reset display settings

Discus and support Reset display settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy. A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop. I was using VG because my HDMI was too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alextazee, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Alextazee Win User

Reset display settings

I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy.

A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop.
    I was using VG because my HDMI was too short.
    Anyway, everything was working just fine, and for no reason, once I tried to change refresh rate on my extended monitor (TV) from 60Hz to 75Hz.
    Since, apparently my TV doesn't support 75Hz, it started appearing and disappearing as a secondary display, making my cursor jumping all over the desktop, so, during the short time when the secondary display is detected, I am completely unable to change the refresh rate of the TV back to 60Hz before it quickly disappears again.

Is there a way to reset the display settings (including the secondary one) back to default?

:)

Alextazee, Sep 30, 2018

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 30, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset display settings

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Reset display settings

1. Reset display settings - Similar Threads - Reset display settings

2. Reset W10 display settings to default colors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset W10 display settings to default colors?: In an attempt to fix unwanted dark mode in Chrome, I managed to convert my Windows 10 display into grey shades, i.e., no color. I need step by step on how to restore to defaults for product build 18362.1198. All other posts to this type of issue seem obsolete with changes to...
  3. Reset display and setting 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset display and setting 4k monitor: I have just bought my new 4K monitor. I connected it to my laptop and it is working beautifully. I put my laptop in stand-up for a while. Then, when I reopened it, I couldn't connect my screen anymore it is working with another laptop than the monitor is working. In the...
  4. Cannot reset recommended Display Settings

Cannot reset recommended Display Settings: After experimenting with display scaling trying to match laptop with a second monitor, I cannot reset the recommended scaling. Hence, the laptop Desktop is lacking the vast majority of icons/links normally there. The second monitor shows the normal Desktop....
  5. reset display settings only??

reset display settings only??: Is there a way to reset my display settings and personalization settings without reseting the whole pc?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-display-settings-only/4cbef59b-b629-43e5-bf5f-f5f2d8d54dc0
  6. Display Setting's Reset on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Setting's Reset on Boot: Hello, I'm having this issue with my new setup. motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max CPU: amd 3600 GPU: MSI 2070 Super x Trio OS: windows 10 Primary Display: Aorus AD27QD (Display Port) Secondary Display: hp 23xi (HDMI) so the problem is, sometimes i get a very long...
  7. Unable to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to reset display settings: A family member recently 'changed something' related to the Windows 10 display settings (don't ask !) Ever since the PC boots into Windows and shows a black screen. I'm reasonably technical and have tried some things I've found by searching, but nothing works. I can boot into...
  8. Unable to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to reset display settings: A family member recently 'changed something' related to the Windows 10 display settings (don't ask !) Ever since the PC boots into Windows and shows a black screen. I'm reasonably technical and have tried some things I've found by searching, but nothing works. I can boot into...
  9. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....
  10. Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?: I usually logon to my email account using my Outlook.com and is there a way to reset the Display options under the Mail settings? In the Outlook email client, this can be done by selecting Reset View. But I cannot find it in the actual Outlook.com web version. 106110

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display reset setting

2. restoring display color to default

3. reset the display settings

4. reset display settings,
  5. reset displaz settings,
  6. windows reset display settings over ssh