Windows 10: Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

Discus and support Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bree, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Bree Win User

Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top of the list. To hasten the process you can remove apps from the Most used list that you'd never would want to use.

The problem comes if you accidentally remove an app that you do want to appear in the list. Once you have chosen the 'Don't show in this list' option for an app there is no way to reinstate it and make it show again. There does not appear to be any 'easy' registry fix to undo a mistaken 'Don't show in this list'.

The only solution I have found is to clear the list completely and start building it up again from scratch.

To do that you need to turn off App Launch Tracking then turn it back on again. This will also have turned off 'show Most used list in Start' so you'll have to turn that back on again too.

It will reappear with the default list, you'll just have to build it up again by opening your favourite apps a few times - and think carefully before removing an app from the list now you know it's a permanent removal!

:)

2. Geethu B Win User

How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 13, 2020
  3. pinakel Win User
    can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

pinakel, Sep 13, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Reset don't show

2. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  3. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently ones will rise to the top of the...
  5. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  6. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  7. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  8. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  9. Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List": Hi, Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that...
  10. How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?: I've opened this app enough to determine that Windows 10 must not recognize portable apps/exe's the way it recognizes installed apps....thus, portable apps/exe's do not show up in the "Most used" list. Can anyone think of a trick to ensure that it's recognized? 78583