Windows 10: Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

Discus and support Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bree, May 19, 2021.

1. Bree Win User

Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top of the list. To hasten the process you can remove apps from the Most used list that you'd never would want to use. The problem comes if you accidentally remove an app that you do want to appear in the list. Once you have chosen the 'Don't show in this list' option for an app there is no way to reinstate it and make it show again. There does not appear to be any 'easy' registry fix to undo a mistaken 'Don't show in this list'. The only solution I have found is to clear the list completely and start building it up again from scratch. To do that you need to turn off App Launch Tracking then turn it back on again. This will also have turned off 'show Most used list in Start' so you'll have to turn that back on again too. It will reappear with the default list, you'll just have to build it up again by opening your favourite apps a few times - and think carefully before removing an app from the list now you know it's a permanent removal!

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 19, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top of the list. To hasten the process you can remove apps from the Most used list that you'd never would want to use.

The problem comes if you accidentally remove an app that you do want to appear in the list. Once you have chosen the 'Don't show in this list' option for an app there is no way to reinstate it and make it show again. There does not appear to be any 'easy' registry fix to undo a mistaken 'Don't show in this list'.

The only solution I have found is to clear the list completely and start building it up again from scratch.

To do that you need to turn off App Launch Tracking then turn it back on again. This will also have turned off 'show Most used list in Start' so you'll have to turn that back on again too.

It will reappear with the default list, you'll just have to build it up again by opening your favourite apps a few times - and think carefully before removing an app from the list now you know it's a permanent removal!

4. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

1. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start - Similar Threads - Reset don't show

2. Apps don't show on Start screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps don't show on Start screen: My apps don't show on my screen any more. I moved most of them to my D drive, which has 497 Gb of free space, so the reason isn't that there isn't enough space for them. A few of the apps are located on the System drive Drive C, but even that has 153 GB of free space, since I...
  3. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  4. Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently ones will rise to the top of the...
  5. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  6. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  7. windows 10 most used app list

windows 10 most used app list: Hello Guys, Is it possible to increase the most used app list in the new Windows 10 Start Menu? Thanks Tony 25145
  8. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  9. Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List": Hi, Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that...
  10. How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make a portable app show in the "Most used" Start Menu list?: I've opened this app enough to determine that Windows 10 must not recognize portable apps/exe's the way it recognizes installed apps....thus, portable apps/exe's do not show up in the "Most used" list. Can anyone think of a trick to ensure that it's recognized? 78583