Windows 10: Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start

Discus and support Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bree, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Bree Win User

Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start

The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently ones will rise to the top of the list. To hasten the process you can remove apps form Most used that you'd never would want to use.

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, Sep 13, 2020
  4. daznblast Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Most Used Reset

Hi

Can I suggest to the Microsoft Engineers to follow these steps:

- Click Start

- Right Click on your most favourite app in the "most used" section

- Navigate to > More > Don't show in this list

- Click on Don't show in this list (pretend you got the wrong app and you've now removed your favourite app)!

- Tell us how you get your favourite app to re-appear again in the "most used" section.

daznblast, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset "don't show in this list" for msst used apps in Start - Similar Threads - Reset don't show

2. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  3. Apps don't show on Start screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps don't show on Start screen: My apps don't show on my screen any more. I moved most of them to my D drive, which has 497 Gb of free space, so the reason isn't that there isn't enough space for them. A few of the apps are located on the System drive Drive C, but even that has 153 GB of free space, since I...
  4. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  6. How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?

How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?: How do you set the Start Menu so that the apps that you use most frequently show up? and other apps that you have recently accessed show up at bottom section like it used to in previous versions of Microsoft IE? All I see is the list of my entire programs and I have to find...
  7. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  8. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  9. Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List": Hi, Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that...
  10. Windows Store starts showing list of friends using the same app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Store starts showing list of friends using the same app: Windows Store starts showing list of friends using the same app [img] The Windows Store team seems really busy these days updating the Store experience for Windows 10 users. The Store has already been revamped in the Insider builds and is being constantly tweaked...