Windows 10: Reset & Drive Clean Failed

Discus and support Reset & Drive Clean Failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After being stuck in the restart failed loop, I managed to restore my laptop to a previous date, back up files and reset the laptop which failed. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoanneKing2, May 1, 2020.

1. Reset & Drive Clean Failed

After being stuck in the restart failed loop, I managed to restore my laptop to a previous date, back up files and reset the laptop which failed. After seeking further advice I decided to do a complete drive clean up however this has also failed.

:)

JoanneKing2, May 1, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 1, 2020
  4. Reset & Drive Clean Failed

Windows failed to reset and it removed windows drive

Hello,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to Reset the computer using Windows 10 ISO and check if it helps.

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • In the troubleshoot screen, click on Reset this PC.
    • Select the desired option and follow the steps to Reset the PC and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Reset & Drive Clean Failed

1. Reset & Drive Clean Failed - Similar Threads - Reset Drive Clean

2. Clean & Reset Windows 10 failed, now it loops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean & Reset Windows 10 failed, now it loops: I backed up my Windows 10 to an external drive and then went to My System and started a full reset & clean, erasing all files. It got stuck at 12% after being there for a very long time I powered off the device and tried to redo the windows reset. Now it boots up and offers...
  3. Clean & Reset Windows 10 failed, now it loops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean & Reset Windows 10 failed, now it loops: I backed up my Windows 10 to an external drive and then went to My System and started a full reset & clean, erasing all files. It got stuck at 12% after being there for a very long time I powered off the device and tried to redo the windows reset. Now it boots up and offers...
  4. Clean & Reset Windows 10 failed, now it loops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clean boot fail

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Clean boot fail: I did a clean boot and now when i try to sign in with my pin it says” something happened and your PIN isnt avalible. Click to set up your pin again and i do and it doesnt do anything until the second time then it says go to the store and try making a new password and then it...
  6. Will reset just clean system drive c?

Will reset just clean system drive c?: Will my other drives like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reset-just-clean-system-drive-c/d53f46c3-b2b3-474d-acbc-97e5dfd4c13f
  7. Will reset just clean system drive c?

Will reset just clean system drive c?: Will my other drive like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reset-just-clean-system-drive-c/1af7729f-d8bf-4aca-b73d-c97ade0582ef
  8. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed): Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pccleaning-the-drive-where-windows-is/b634be9c-63bc-4b84-9f5a-72669e591573
  9. Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Resetting PC and cleaning drive: Resetting stuck at 99 % for last 12 hours. What to do know? What if I switch off and switch on? Do I get PC restored to the position I restarTed resetting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pc-and-cleaning-drive/dd5d7311-2c94-4bc7-9229-28cef0965157
  10. Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?: I had reset windows 10 with the clean drive option, and in short something happened and I ended up with a machine with no OS, so I'm getting a burned copy of a win7 install disc, my question is I was looking online and saw someone say if the original partition that had your...