Windows 10: Reset factory Asus on Windows 10

Discus and support Reset factory Asus on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a ASUS computer on which I migrated on Windows 10 at the begin of Windows 10. My computer was quite slow to launch because it is quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MathieuGq, Oct 11, 2020.

1. MathieuGq Win User

Reset factory Asus on Windows 10

Hello,

I have a ASUS computer on which I migrated on Windows 10 at the begin of Windows 10. My computer was quite slow to launch because it is quite old few years so this is normal because it is not a SSD.

But since few days it is blocking at the launch of the computer. Even waiting 1 hour, sometimes I have the window launching screen the points which turn or just a black screen. I don't know what to do to access the profil page to connect and access the Windows Menu for example to reset factory the computer.

I tried to do it from the BIOS menu but I don't find how to do it.

Can you help me to make work again my computer ? A reset factory is possible because I have not any more data on it.

Thank you in advance. Best regards.

:)

MathieuGq, Oct 11, 2020

2. ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

So my son is locked out of his old Windows 10 laptop. It is an ASUS e403s running Windows 10. I don't know which version of windows 10 it is licensed for currently, so I don't want to simply just reinstall windows using USB. I would rather do a factory reset.

Online videos seem to suggest that I can tap F9 while booting to get to advanced boot menu, but this is not working for me. I've also tried F12 and F8. No joy.

Anyone have any idea how I can get to the advanced boot menu to initiate factory reset from outside of the OS, or can anyone tell me how to get which version of Windows I am running just from the login screen so I can be sure to know I am loading the right copy? Thx in advance!!

musiclover7, Oct 11, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Reset factory Asus on Windows 10

Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).

Slartybart, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Reset factory Asus on Windows 10

1. Reset factory Asus on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset factory Asus

2. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  3. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  4. Asus tablet mini factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus tablet mini factory reset: Hi I have a Asus tablet transformer mini I bought online and I am trying to do a factory reset on it because it isnt charging. When I attempt to do it, it request a password that I do not have. Any way to reset the password or reset the system without it being on? It is...
  5. Factory Reset on Asus Laptop stuck at 64%

Factory Reset on Asus Laptop stuck at 64%: I received an Asus laptop for christmas, but when I tried to used it I’d often get the bsod. I think it’s likely because of a driver from the drawing tablet I plugged in. I decided to factory reset it. It was going along fine but got stuck at 64. It usually goes from the Asus...
  6. Asus factory reset w10

Asus factory reset w10: I used method 2 on factory reset Shift, restart,troubleshoot,reset pc,remove eveything, recovermy files ,rsset .. and now my asus x555d is stuck on loading (circle). The only function that works is F2. Please help....
  7. restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer: i did a factory reset and cannot do anything or even see network settings on my laptop. is there any way to restore my desktop and windows 10 without a cd or password?...
  8. Factory resetting my Asus laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory resetting my Asus laptop: It has been nearly 2 hours and my laptop is stuck at 39% of resetting. What should i do? Is there anything wrong?? Please help. When will it be complete??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-resetting-my-asus-laptop/10b80d5b-f017-4e67-9f31-70e0ee2511dc
  9. Factory resetting a windows 10 asus vivobook pro

Factory resetting a windows 10 asus vivobook pro: My microsoft account got hacked so I can’t sign into my laptop rendering it useless. I need to factory reset it to open it back up with a different account but the methods I’ve seen online aren’t working. Pressing f9 from boot didn’t do anything and holding shift over the...
  10. Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop

Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop: Sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong section, or this has already been posted. I'm new and couldn't find any answers elsewhere. I just factory reset my Asus laptop. It was taking a long time so I went to sleep and let it do its thing overnight. In the morning, I went and...