Windows 10: reset file explorer to original default?

Discus and support reset file explorer to original default? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My File Explorer is so screwed up I want to start it all anew. I save very few items but cannot find most of what I've saved using the new Edge. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klaro 1590, Jan 3, 2021.

1. reset file explorer to original default?

My File Explorer is so screwed up I want to start it all anew. I save very few items but cannot find most of what I've saved using the new Edge. I now want ALL 'save as' and 'downloads' to go into Quick Access only, or in necessary in This Pc. I have no need for them to be stored in 2-4 different places. Can this be done?

Anything I try to 'Save as' or download via Edge Chromium appears in several folders; in unreadable code, or just not found anywhere. I wish to go back to the simplest method....NOT OneDrive. Any advice or suggestions?

:)

klaro 1590, Jan 3, 2021

2. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Stas_Kras Win User
    File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists.

I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything that was pinned is removed.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Stas_Kras, Jan 3, 2021
  4. reset file explorer to original default?

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

reset file explorer to original default?

1. reset file explorer to original default? - Similar Threads - reset file explorer

2. how to reset file explorer to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset file explorer to default?: As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-file-explorer-to-default/6a24d60a-d50a-4597-a1f9-5ba977ba133b
  3. how to reset file explorer to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset file explorer to default?: As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-file-explorer-to-default/6a24d60a-d50a-4597-a1f9-5ba977ba133b
  4. Default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default file explorer: I recently downloaded an app called "Files" from the Microsoft Store and It's exactly like the file explorer but just more modern, although when I go to open a folder from my desktop, my laptop still opens it with the default Windows 10 file explorer. Is there a way to change...
  5. revert File Explorer to original

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    revert File Explorer to original: My File Explorer is messed up completely. I store very few items but suddenly IF I am able to download anything in Edge I am unable to find it anywhere in the folders listed in navigation. And the navigation left pane lists every folder category: Quick Access, This Pc, One...
  6. File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults: I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists. I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything...
  7. Files move from original locations to deFault

Files move from original locations to deFault: Sometime in the last week or so most documents moved to the documents folder in C:\Users\Sherri. Instead of the folders that they belong I have well over 200 folder in which I file the documents. i.e. C:\Users\Sherri\Documents\Retirement. I am really not in the mood to refile...
  8. Default File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default File Explorer: Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default file explorer on my system? submitted by /u/Lackmey [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer Internal Errors and App Default Resets

File Explorer Internal Errors and App Default Resets: I've been working with one of our users that is getting "An internal error occurred" when trying to open PDFs in File Explorer. They are also seeing the PDF default constantly switch back to Edge. On the affected machine, I have: Recreated the user's profile in windows...
  10. File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless: Hi folks Whats the magic setting to reset file explorer to its 100% default state (as it look as after you've done a clean windows install) -- I.e before any "tampering". If I do any google searches there's 77 zillion (or more) answers telling me how to customise settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how reset File Explorer to original settings