Windows 10: Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files

Discus and support Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can you change the folder where .m4a files created with Recorder are saved? 90883 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beau, Aug 8, 2017.

1. beau Win User

Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files

How can you change the folder where .m4a files created with Recorder are saved?

:)

beau, Aug 8, 2017

2. 'Recording' M4A files stuck in Recycle Bin

I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Review build 10162. I made a short recording with the new Voice Recorder app to try it out and then deleted the file by clicking the delete icon in the app. The M4A file, named 'Recording" went in the Recycle Bin. I am
    now unable to remove it from the recycle bin! Other files delete as normal but this file remains. It can't be restored either. There are no error messages, just nothing happens.

I have tried deleting the $RECYCLE.BIN folder through the Command Prompt and it reappears, still with the M4A file inside. I've made the folder visible and deleted it that way but it still persists, even after a restart. I tried a second Voice Recorder recording
    and this too is stuck in the Recycle Bin. All other files and folders delete normally.

How do I get rid of these 2 rogue files?

CliveWebber61, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Convert Voice Recorder mp4 file to mp3

Me again - sorry but the original Voice Recorder file was m4a, not mp4. The site will also take mp4 however.

BrewsterBlock, Aug 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you mean the app Voice Recorder?

Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files [​IMG]

looks promising.

dalchina, Aug 8, 2017
  5. beau Win User
    Yep, Voice Recorder . . but when you open "Open file location" it takes you to where the files are being saved but I can't figure out how to change to a different save file.

beau, Aug 8, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Basically you can't... (this sort of thing is why I don't bother with universal apps, and use traditional desktop programs - you don't HAVE to use what MS provides, and you're not limited to the Store).

However, a little searching offers:
    How to change the default location of Voice Recorder in Windows 10?
    which gives you a technical workaround

and
    Where Does Voice Recorder App Save Files In Windows 10
    - which says you can't (!).

See (examples only):
    Download Free Sound Recorder 10.8.8 - FileHippo.com
    Apowersoft Free Audio Recorder - Download

Beware - ad-supported, whatever that means
    Download Free Sound Recorder - MajorGeeks

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files - Similar Threads - Reset Folder Recorder

2. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with file m4a: I need to copy past a file m4a but I cannot do it from my phone to my pc. A message appears saying that the canal is already used while trying to do it. Yesterday I did the copy paste with success, but the file was smaller. Can you help me please? Ty...
  3. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with file m4a: I need to copy past a file m4a but I cannot do it from my phone to my pc. A message appears saying that the canal is already used while trying to do it. Yesterday I did the copy paste with success, but the file was smaller. Can you help me please? Ty...
  4. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Playback of m4a file

Playback of m4a file: When I click on the file in file manager, Groove music opens. But file does not play. it allows me to advance the time slider, but playback does not occur. No change in elapsed time occurs....
  6. M4A Player Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    M4A Player Help: I am looking for a Windows 10 M4A player that will allow me to listen to an audio file and jump back 10 or 15 seconds. I have to transcribe the audio and am looking for a solution that is better than trying to rewind using just the playback bar. submitted by /u/danaCreative...
  7. Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...

Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...: I used to store all of my .mp3 and .m4a files in my hard drive outside of my OneDrive folder, and they always played without issue in Windows Media Player (WMP). A few months ago I started paying for OneDrive and moved all of my music to my local OneDrive folder. All of the...
  8. Files (*.m4a) created in Windows 7 Audio Recorder not working in Windows 10 after windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files (*.m4a) created in Windows 7 Audio Recorder not working in Windows 10 after windows...: Files created in Windows 7 Audio Recorder has a bit rate of 194 kbps where as the files created in Windows 10 Audio Recorder has a bit rate of 176 kbps. Tried with all the software installed in Windows 10 including VLC, Windows Media Player, iTunes but it did not work....
  9. Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone: I recorded a bunch of audio on my phone and it came out as .m4a files. They play fine in other players, but winamp won't play them. I really need to play them on Winamp, because I have hours of material to get through and I'm gonna need to skip back and forth a lot and that...
  10. Thumbnails for M4a files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails for M4a files?: Hi guys Should windows 10 (by default) be displaying thumbnails within explorer for m4a files? I'm browsing my iTunes media folder and I can see thumbnails only for .mp4, .mp3, .m4p but not for m4a. If I play an m4a file within media player or iTunes I can see the album...