Windows 10: Reset gone wrong

Discus and support Reset gone wrong in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was planning on selling my laptop acer aspire e14 windows 10 it froz at 14% for a couple of hours so I turned it off and back on again when I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidGuthrie1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Reset gone wrong

I was planning on selling my laptop acer aspire e14 windows 10 it froz at 14% for a couple of hours so I turned it off and back on again when I turned it on it came up administrator preparing windows it takes about 15 minutes then a message pops up saying C:/windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this pc, make sure that the device is connected or the disc is inserted then try again if the location is on a network make sure that you're connected to the network or Internet then try again if the location still can't be found it might have been moved or deleted when I press OK I get my desktop page which is black with the only window on the desktop is the recycle bin when I click on it it says an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist the volume button in the bottom right corner has a cross next to it when I click it it says an error occurred and when I click the windows button nothing happens can this be fixed at no or little cost

:)

DavidGuthrie1, Dec 8, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 8, 2018
  3. wrong bios programmed on my card what now?

are you kidding? or is this being lost in language barriers?(if so, then id suggest trying google translateon the list above, or reading it several times, im sorry that i cant help with that part) the PCIe slot is what you need, thats where you plug the GPU into. follow the step by step guide, that is your solution. VGA= Video Graphics array, or adapter in this case, AKA GPU, Aka, Video Card.

The 2nd gpu acts as a way to boot into OS since you're not able to do so with the damaged GPU. I don't know what your system specs are but if you have onboard graphics enable them in your bios and then reset your PC or do it after a reset depending on what your motherboard requires that will allow you to boot into your operating system then follow the steps after number three in the list above.( note that if you do not have built-in graphics on your CPU this is where you will use a second GPU )

i hope this helps......Best of luck, i have 35minutes to get dressed, and be on a transport to Kessel.......another day covered in Spice, *Frown Reset gone wrong :( (atleast im working in the Refinery *Wink Reset gone wrong ;) )

jboydgolfer, Dec 8, 2018
  4. kyle2020 Win User

Reset gone wrong

BIOS flashing gone wrong (maybe)

A. try erockers suggestion, let it stand and drain away its power to fully reset the bios.

B. if not, try re-flashing to the previous WORKING bios using the bios menu flash tool.

kyle2020, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Reset gone wrong

1. Reset gone wrong - Similar Threads - Reset gone wrong

2. BIOS reset gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS reset gone wrong: Please help. I have an Acer aspire t that is kind of old. I booted it up and I forgot my bios password. I looked it up, and it said to take the CMOS battery out, and put it back in. Now there is no video output, and there is a continuous nonstop beep from the motherboard....
  3. BIOS reset gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS reset gone wrong: Please help. I have an Acer aspire t that is kind of old. I booted it up and I forgot my bios password. I looked it up, and it said to take the CMOS battery out, and put it back in. Now there is no video output, and there is a continuous nonstop beep from the motherboard....
  4. Reset gone wrong - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset gone wrong - Windows 10: Hello, I was resetting my Dell laptop remove everything and download windows 10 from cloud resetIt finished downloading and automatically restarted, now when it was resetting it stuck at 6% for hours till I decided to turn it off through holding the power button and turned it...
  5. Windows factory reset gone wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows factory reset gone wrong: Hello, My laptop hasnt been working very well the last few days and I was told by some friends to factory reset my device after saving all my wanted files so i proceeded to do so. After the reset got to 74% it stopped moving up and I waited for a couple of hours. I then...
  6. Pc reset gone wrong

Pc reset gone wrong: I attempted to reset my computer, and while it was in process i came back not too long later. When i came back, it was on a screen that says to select my account to continue. I am able to select it, but every passcode I enter comes up as incorrect, and I am positive I didn’t...
  7. windows reset gone wrong pl0x h3lp

windows reset gone wrong pl0x h3lp: Dear community. Since my gaming pc had slowed down. Perfomance decreased drastically. I had tried clearing cache's and all tips on the internet on how to get my ram under control and my fps in games. I dont know my full speccs so heres a rough sketch: i5 intel processor...
  8. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I am having a problem with my computer. I did a factory reset because it was slow and my disk was always high so when I did i fell asleep because i knew it was going to take a little while. When i wake up my computer was turned off and when i turn it on, All i see is the logo...
  9. Factory reset gone wrong :(!

Factory reset gone wrong :(!: Hello! I just reset my computer and wiped EVERYTHING I wanted a brand new one because mine was so slow so instead I just reset everything from the disk, now I don't have a disk or a USB so i'm not sure if I need one? Well every time I log into it, I need a administrator...
  10. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I tried to factory reset my computer yesterday. I got stuck on the "Why my PC reset screen". Every time I would click continue and try to connect to my house wifi (which is working fine on every other device), it would load for a while before returning back to the "LEt's...