Windows 10: reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.

Discus and support reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Reset of this pc began at 5:00pm and was at 88% complete when suddenly the sign-n page appeared with no notification that reset was complete After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Jan 30, 2021.

1. reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.

Reset of this pc began at 5:00pm and was at 88% complete when suddenly the sign-n page appeared with no notification that reset was complete After waiting about 20-25 minutes I signed in as usual, but it seems obvious that reset process was not complete, no toolbar, taskbars, desktop icons, no notice of apps to be reinstall. How can I get Windows to finish the reset. I've performed system restores before with no problem at all.

Please, anyone, send advise ASAP. I need this computer working! Thank you in advance if you will offer help.

:)

klaro 1590, Jan 30, 2021

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2021
  4. reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.

There was a problem resetting your Pc Windows 10

Hi Anshad,

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Advanced Options > Reset This PC > Keep everything.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.

1. reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted. - Similar Threads - reset has completed

2. My PC has become completely unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has become completely unusable.: So i've completely resetted my computer on January 27, 2023, and when the reset completes i complete the whole new computer setup guide. But when i am allowed access to my computer. it all of a sudden becomes completely unusable. The mouse barely moves it's like its lagging,...
  3. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc: After I started up my PC from sleep mode I’ve been getting an error from WerFault, at first it just showed the error message without anything else. Then none of the windows app would open/function properly Settings, Start Menu, Photos app, etc… then after closing my pc again...
  4. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc: After I started up my PC from sleep mode I’ve been getting an error from WerFault, at first it just showed the error message without anything else. Then none of the windows app would open/function properly Settings, Start Menu, Photos app, etc… then after closing my pc again...
  5. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Malware has completely disabled Windows Defender in PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware has completely disabled Windows Defender in PC: My Windows Defender has suddenly stopped working. It is not being shown only on the Search option in the PC. On opening Windows Security, it is showing a blank page. I searched for 'Quick Scan' and opened the quick scan page, but the quick scan is also not working. It is...
  7. Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC: Good day. There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system. What's happening: Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC, everything works as it should. If I decide to restart the PC, then the Windows 10 download hangs in the picture with the Windows...
  8. The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...: The v.2004 is on its way message has just disappeared from the WU page in Settings. My system is paused. If the FU to v.2004 was finally available, shouldnt there be an option to do the update, or will it show up if I unpause the system? Not doing anything until I get a...
  9. pc has to restart when i boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc has to restart when i boot: whenever i boot my pc it has to restart because it lags like every second it laggs its like i have a 1hz monitor for 3seconds than a second later i have the 1hz monitor thing again (i have tried updating drivers and even reseting windows *3 times* so i just decided to leave...
  10. Older HP PC has V.1909...newer HP Laptop has v.1809...

in Windows 10 Support
    Older HP PC has V.1909...newer HP Laptop has v.1809...: As the Question Title notes, I am confused why an older HP Desktop PC 500-089 has the latest version of Windows 10, V. 1909, Build 18363.628 which was updated yesterday, while a newer model of an HP Envy Notebook laptop has an earlier version. Oddly enough the laptop was...