Windows 10: "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

Discus and support "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi experts, I have a USB device that will malfunction from time to time and I've found by pressing the 'Reset Hub' button to disable/enable the Root... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seemebreakthis, Sep 20, 2017.

1. "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

Hi experts,

I have a USB device that will malfunction from time to time and I've found by pressing the 'Reset Hub' button to disable/enable the Root Hub to which this device is connected, things will go back to normal once again.

"Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent? [​IMG]

The thing is, I'd like to see if there is a command line / powershell equivalent of this button so I can write a batch file of some sort and use task scheduler to automate the USB reset. Any help appreciated !

Thank you.

:)

seemebreakthis, Sep 20, 2017
  2. wiens Win User

Not all command lines of CMD are working in Powershell

Since Powershell is the main command tool in Windows 10 Insider build 14971.1000 and the CMD has gone in the background I am missing some command lines from "HELP", like "SET" in the Powershell. The HELP command in Powershell is also not working. So as
    said, not all the command lines are not working in PowerShell. Also specific information about the command using for "COPY /?" for more information about the command line etc is also not working in Powershell. I will miss these when Powershell will be the
    only command tool.

wiens, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Mobile Hotspot in windows 10

The problem still exist.

Waqas Naseer, Sep 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

"Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

dalchina, Sep 20, 2017
  5. Thanks for your response first of all ! I tried devcon actually before posting here, wasn't working as expected...

... but I decided to try again after seeing your post, and finally realized what I was missing was a command line UI that has administrator rights!

So yeah devcon works perfectly. Thanks once again!!

Just for those who one day may stumble upon this post having the same question I had, here is the solution:

Downloading devcon - https://networchestration.wordpress....orking-method/

Using devcon to reset device - basically follow delchina's link above, the restart parameter should work as long as you have admin rights. Also the format of the Root Hub (at least on my device) is the following instead of what's written in the guide:

@USB\ROOT_HUB\*3B6FF* <-- try something like this

seemebreakthis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

1. "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent? - Similar Threads - Reset Hub command

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. powershell equivalent of linux smbclient

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    powershell equivalent of linux smbclient: submitted by /u/ye_sh1thead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v63pv0/powershell_equivalent_of_linux_smbclient/
  5. Command line commands

Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. powershell commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  7. Python was not showing any output in command line

Python was not showing any output in command line: Found the apparent solution to the unsolved old thread about same issue here regarding Python on Windows 10 showing no output when typed in powershell or command prompt. As the old thread was closed I am opening one to share this because I think it will be useful to many...
  8. Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.: Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line item is: c:\del /s/q/f d\*.* I am trying to delete all the files on my D drive. I get the following error: The item at D:\ has children and the Recurse parameter was not specified. I have spent hours...
  9. Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10: the "netdiag" command is not available in Windows 10. Is there any equivalent available? 90988
  10. Capture network usage from command line or powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capture network usage from command line or powershell?: I know you can see what applications are using how much data in a given period of time by going to Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data Usage, then clicking the Usage Details option to bring up a list. Does anyone know if there's a way to output this list at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the command line to reset the root hub?