Windows 10: Reset issue - duplicate os

Discus and support Reset issue - duplicate os in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've searched the this /r/ but couldn't find a solution for my particular issue. I'm started a reset with the option to keep the files, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/karasujigoku, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Reset issue - duplicate os

Hello,

I've searched the this /r/ but couldn't find a solution for my particular issue.

I'm started a reset with the option to keep the files, and when it rebooted to choose the OS I have the same option twice: windows 10 on volume 2.

The thing is, whatever the option I select, it keeps restarting and getting to this prompt, and I cannot enter again on the previous install as some other solutions advised.

What can I do to get out of this boot loop without risking loosing my files?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/karasujigoku
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/karasujigoku, Apr 25, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Reset issue - duplicate os

Duplicated program entries with (1)

Hi,

Software conflicts and incompatibility issues are some of the possible reasons why some of the applications on your computer were duplicated. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device? Visit this link for
      the steps on how to check the information of the Windows OS that is running on your device.
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting when you are trying to uninstall the duplicated apps?

In the meantime, we suggest booting your device into safe mode and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Reset issue - duplicate os

1. Reset issue - duplicate os - Similar Threads - Reset issue duplicate

2. OS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS issue: Hello. I just recently picked up a brand new MSI laptop and just got it in today. Upon opening the laptop I setup most of the things in the setup menu and then accidentally closed the laptop mid update for windows 11. Once starting the laptop back up, I was brought to the...
  3. OS issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS issue: Hello. I just recently picked up a brand new MSI laptop and just got it in today. Upon opening the laptop I setup most of the things in the setup menu and then accidentally closed the laptop mid update for windows 11. Once starting the laptop back up, I was brought to the...
  4. OS issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Resetting Windows OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows OS: My laptop is running Windows 10 21H1 but due to some bug issues I need to reset my laptop to get it running smoothly w/o any bugs. The question is will I lose all the windows updates? The system was preloaded with Windows 10 1909. There may be over 30 installed updates...
  6. Duplicate screen issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate screen issues: 20210124-165437.jpg Long story short. When I duplicate my screen off my Asus ROG Strix G17, it looks fine on my tv as long as both the TV and laptop screens are on. As soon as I close my laptop lid to watch it on my TV, I get really bad stuttering. This is a new laptop and I...
  7. Is this an OS issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this an OS issue?: Whenever I start up my laptop now it is almost completely unusable. The screen flickers most of the time and sometimes goes completely black or white. Every now and again it randomly seems okay again. But only for a minute or so. I find that moving my mouse over search...
  8. Issue Duplicating Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue Duplicating Screen: Hello, We connect our computer to our TV so we can show videos on it. Recently we bought a new computer and with that we have been experiencing some issues . We connect the PC to the TV through a VGA to HDMI adapter. We can extend the screens to make the TV act like a...
  9. os issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    os issue: I have purchased my new laptop few days back which came with Windows10 but my industrial software only Windows 7 32 bit supported and not install on windos 10 plz tell me how to install is it possible to change Windows 10 to Windows 7...
  10. Duplicate Display Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate Display Issues: Hello, Every time i try to 'duplicate display' my main display just goes black and my second monitor now becomes my main, and only display. I have been able to do this in the past, so thinking it might of been a Windows 10 update? Any help would be much appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows duplicated os