Windows 10: Reset keyboard back to default

Discus and support Reset keyboard back to default in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP2020 laptop running Windows 10. My keyboard shortcut keys don't work properly, i.e. when I press the Windows Icon + various keys, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamLindstrom1, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Reset keyboard back to default

I have a HP2020 laptop running Windows 10. My keyboard shortcut keys don't work properly, i.e. when I press the Windows Icon + various keys, nothing happens. How can I reset my keyboard back to the factory default ?

:)

WilliamLindstrom1, Jun 8, 2020

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Jun 8, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset keyboard back to default

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Reset keyboard back to default

1. Reset keyboard back to default - Similar Threads - Reset keyboard default

2. Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout: Hello, I have been reading the threads on how to remove the unwanted keyboard layout and followed the instructions. However, the unwanted Vietnamesekeyboard layout is still there and I don't know how I can remove it. Can anyone please assist? Thank you...
  3. Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout: Hello, I have been reading the threads on how to remove the unwanted keyboard layout and followed the instructions. However, the unwanted Vietnamesekeyboard layout is still there and I don't know how I can remove it. Can anyone please assist? Thank you...
  4. How to reset file types back to default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset file types back to default?: Hi, im curious on how to reset all file types back to default in windows 10? 178249
  5. How to reset PC name back to default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset PC name back to default?: How do I reset the pc name to what it was when I first installed windows? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldn1xd/how_to_reset_pc_name_back_to_default/
  6. Reset files and folders icon back to default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset files and folders icon back to default: Hello, my name is Daniel and a friend of mine has recently told me to use custom desktop themes. So, from the image as you can see, I've done it. But the problem is, I wanted to bring it back to default. I have tried doing some research on google. I uninstalled the app that...
  7. How to reset shell folders back to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset shell folders back to default settings?: So I messed up and deleted the Start-up folder and Maintenance folder and now I have issues with start up programs not responding or showing in Task Manager even if I check the box on the programs to start up, is there anyway I can reset the shell folders so I can get the...
  8. Is there a utility to reset all W10 permissions back to defaults?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a utility to reset all W10 permissions back to defaults?: Hi all - Been testing some configurations of W10 by modifying Permissions, Groups, Owners, etc. Is there a safe utility to reset all of the above back to defaults, or should I just quickly reimage with a standard W10 install? Thanks in advance. *Nerd 148637
  9. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  10. Reset Hosts file back to default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Hosts file back to default in Windows: How to: Reset Hosts file back to default in Windows How to reset Hosts file back to default in Windows The Hosts file is used by the operating system to map human-friendly hostnames to numerical Internet Protocol (IP) addresses which identify and locate a host in an IP...