Windows 10: Reset Laptop data - windows 10 pro

Discus and support Reset Laptop data - windows 10 pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I want to reset my PCs data remotely using my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do that? I was recently laid off and my laptop had a lot of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by babysharkdododo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Reset Laptop data - windows 10 pro

Hi

I want to reset my PCs data remotely using my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do that?

I was recently laid off and my laptop had a lot of my personal stuff in it. I just want to make sure everything is wiped clean before its given to another person.

Your help is highly appreciated.

:)

babysharkdododo, Nov 9, 2018

2. Reset laptop in Windows 10

Hi,

Resetting your laptop thru the Settings app is the safest and easiest way to reset your computer. Check out this article:
    Reset or reinstall Windows 10. Follow the steps on how to reset your PC.

Note: Resetting your computer will wipe all the files and data on your laptop. We suggest backing up important files on your computer to avoid data loss.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query any time.

Martin Bar, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2018
  4. nkienitz Win User

Reset Laptop data - windows 10 pro

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Reset Laptop data - windows 10 pro

1. Reset Laptop data - windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Reset Laptop data

2. Windows 10 Pro reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro reset: Hi there I was having issues with my Gaming PC randomly rebooting after upgrading my CPU. Through months of troubleshoot and research I finally gave up on all the resolutions that the interwebz could provide and decided to to do a reset of Win10. I backed up what I felt was...
  3. Windows 10 Pro reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro reset: Hi there I was having issues with my Gaming PC randomly rebooting after upgrading my CPU. Through months of troubleshoot and research I finally gave up on all the resolutions that the interwebz could provide and decided to to do a reset of Win10. I backed up what I felt was...
  4. Windows 10 Pro reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer Data Window 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Data Window 10 Pro: how do i transfer my window 10 pro from old computer to new computer[Original Title: Window 10 pro] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-window-10-pro/9fc1b663-b2aa-4688-8a9a-bc051ec18f37
  6. Reseting Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reseting Windows 10 Pro: Hey, just wondering if I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home built in originally, upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro (activated with a digital license linked to account), then reset the PC with the 'Remove Everything' option, (to sell the PC), will the new owner have Windows...
  7. Reset Windows 10 but keep Data

Reset Windows 10 but keep Data: Hello everyone, I have my old laptop that I am trying to salvage. It looks like it has some registry data corruption and I've finally given up on trying to fix it. I do not have the recovery software anymore from when I bought the laptop. Therefore I do not also know what...
  8. Windows 10 Reset with "Clean data" option for corporate laptops - is it secure?

Windows 10 Reset with "Clean data" option for corporate laptops - is it secure?: Hello, I would like to understand how secure the process is to reset a corporate laptop running Windows 10 Pro back to factory settings, such that it can be repurposed for personal use. Laptop specification: Windows 10 Pro factory OEM, NVMe SSD, Bitlocker encryption...
  9. Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset: Hi, I have a three thousand dollar laptop that I bought for my personal use. I had trouble installing an M.2 ssd and so I reset windows 10 pro keeping my files. I also upgraded the bios to the latest version. Now windows 10 pro will not activate no matter what I do....
  10. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where the default...