Windows 10: Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup?

Discus and support Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP Probook Intel core i5 10th gen which was not allowing me to connect to wifi at all.After following troubleshooting advice which did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jasmine Rapson NHS FIFE, May 6, 2021.

1. Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup?

I have a HP Probook Intel core i5 10th gen which was not allowing me to connect to wifi at all.After following troubleshooting advice which did not work, I decided to reset the laptop completley, and now on the windows 10 setup it is asking me to connect to the internet to finish setup. It is showing an Ethernet option and saying not connected, but gives no option to connect to wifi? I don’t have an Ethernet cable I can connect it to. Please help!

:)

Jasmine Rapson NHS FIFE, May 6, 2021
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup? [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, May 6, 2021
  3. Laptop Reset Loop

Hi Vince,

Let us resolve your concern regarding frequent reboot. We suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your laptop.
    • Turn on your laptop. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your laptop turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your laptop for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 6, 2021
  4. Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup?

My Ethernet card doesn't connect to my router, but does to my laptop?

My desktop stopped connecting to the internet today. It has an Ethernet adapter, which is built into the motherboard, and no Wi-Fi functionality.

I started by ruling out faulty cables, by testing the Ethernet connection with my laptop (with wi-fi turned off entirely), which worked properly.

I reset the router to default settings, with assistance from my ISP, Bell, to no avail.
    Next, I tried to use netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset, to no avail.

In frustration, I tried to bridge a connection from my laptop's wi-fi through its Ethernet adapter to my desktop. Surprisingly, this worked, and I can navigate properly on the desktop and laptop at the same time.

I tried to reinstall the driver for the desktop's Ethernet adapter. It continued not to work without using the bridged connection through the laptop, both with the default driver and the one provided by Windows' automatic update.

I'm not sure what could be causing this issue, and I haven't found any other suggested steps in my searches.

In short, my desktop's Ethernet adapter does not work when connected directly to router, but works when connected to laptop using a bridged connection.

Pedro Bento, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup?

1. Reset laptop, only giving me an Ethernet option in setup? - Similar Threads - Reset laptop giving

2. Option to connect to wifi is gone on my laptop and is only giving me an option for ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Option to connect to wifi is gone on my laptop and is only giving me an option for ethernet: When logging in to my laptop it showed that I was not connected to any network, even though I am normally connected to wifi, and when I tried to connect to my wifi it not longer shows the option too, it's saying I need to connect to an ethernet cable, I never have connected...
  3. My laptop after a few resets only gives me the option to set as a work or school laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop after a few resets only gives me the option to set as a work or school laptop: Hello there I bought myself a latitude 7420 and was using it for gaming but after. Awhile my laptop received a virus and I didn’t know how remove it so I did a factory reset and It solved the issues but then after signing in again my account was set as administrator and idk...
  4. My laptop after a few resets only gives me the option to set as a work or school laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop after a few resets only gives me the option to set as a work or school laptop: Hello there I bought myself a latitude 7420 and was using it for gaming but after. Awhile my laptop received a virus and I didn’t know how remove it so I did a factory reset and It solved the issues but then after signing in again my account was set as administrator and idk...
  5. My desktop won’t connect to wifi. It is only giving me the option for Ethernet. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop won’t connect to wifi. It is only giving me the option for Ethernet. I have...: I am trying to connect my desktop to Wi-Fi. It is only giving me the option to connect via ethernet. I have tried every way online and it still is not functioning. Is there a way to fix it?...
  6. My desktop won’t connect to wifi. It is only giving me the option for Ethernet. I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop won’t connect to wifi. It is only giving me the option for Ethernet. I have...: I am trying to connect my desktop to Wi-Fi. It is only giving me the option to connect via ethernet. I have tried every way online and it still is not functioning. Is there a way to fix it?...
  7. My desktop won’t connect to wifi. It is only giving me the option for Ethernet. I have...

8. Does Reset this PC give me an option to select UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Reset this PC give me an option to select UEFI?: My microsoft account was originally created with an old email in the xbox 360 days. I've since added a new email and deleted the old lost email from the account. A side effect of this is that when doing anything other than signing into the main services xbox / microsoft...
  9. WiFi not an option only Ethernet

WiFi not an option only Ethernet: Earlier today like maybe 10 minutes ago i was online downloading a game in a party chat on my pc and suddenly the wifi went away. I checked and it seems my driver has the code 10 error. The decice is new and i know 2 other people who are also experiencing at the same time. Is...
  10. Shift + Restart not giving me the Reset option...

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift + Restart not giving me the Reset option...: Howdy, I have a brand new Dell XPS13 that I need to do a Reset on as we can't login. I did the Shift+Restart option but don't get the same options I'm used to. This is Win 10 Pro if that matters. Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation...