Windows 10: reset laptop to sell it. Solved! Thanks for all the replies!

Discus and support reset laptop to sell it. Solved! Thanks for all the replies! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 laptop that I want to sell. What's the best way to reset it so it will no longer have my info?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenMoss3, Sep 10, 2018.

1. reset laptop to sell it. Solved! Thanks for all the replies!

I have windows 10 laptop that I want to sell. What's the best way to reset it so it will no longer have my info?

:)

StephenMoss3, Sep 10, 2018

2. Resetting a PC to sell on

Am thinking of selling on my laptop - what is the best approach to getting it ready for that - should I reset the PC under the settings / options? Obviously I will not keep to choose any personal files and I will make sure our office 365 currently installed on it is uninstalled and removed before selling on. Presumably that option to 'reset this pc' will return it to how it was when I turned it on the first time having been delivered from the manufacturer?

Once reset, what happens to the laptop which is listed under 'Devices' if I view my Microsoft account in a browser. At the moment I see my current desktop and this laptop listed under devices. Will it automatically dis-associate itself from my account and disappear from this list or will I need to remove it? We have a family account setup, so the laptop also currently shows under 'devices' my wife's account and my son's child account. Will these also disappear? Basically once sold I do not want any trace of the laptop on our Microsoft accounts. Presumably there will be no unforeseen knock on effect for our MS accounts on our desktop which will be keeping.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. n-ster Win User

reset laptop to sell it. Solved! Thanks for all the replies!

n-ster, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

reset laptop to sell it. Solved! Thanks for all the replies!

1. reset laptop to sell it. Solved! Thanks for all the replies! - Similar Threads - reset laptop sell

2. SELLING LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SELLING LAPTOP: My pass word is on this how do I remove it were it just says welcome : so other can just hit enter and go thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selling-laptop/46d81341-8b2d-4555-bc98-60d96b9de253
  3. Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop: Hi, I tried to reset my surface pro multiple times including a factory reset from the lockscreen and settings but when it is done, it keeps telling me to sign into work or school saying “Welcome to LV”Organization. I want to give the laptop out to someone is their anyway I...
  4. Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop: Hi, I tried to reset my surface pro multiple times including a factory reset from the lockscreen and settings but when it is done, it keeps telling me to sign into work or school saying “Welcome to LV”Organization. I want to give the laptop out to someone is their anyway I...
  5. Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop: I have done a reset on my HP laptop as I am going to sell it. I don't understand at what point to 'stop' - when the setup questions start - e.g connect to Wifi, Language, Keyboard, etc. At what point do I just switch the laptop off ready for the buyer to set up? (Windows 10)...
  6. Selling Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling Laptop: getting my Laptop ready to sell or donate, I used the Microsoft Windows 10 fresh Install....no personal files saved....but it did read files were saved in a folder named Windows.old.During the initial setup....it required 1 I enter the name of person using laptop2 Sign in...
  7. Resetting a laptop in preparation to sell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a laptop in preparation to sell: Prefacing this, I'm running Windows 10 on this laptop (Alienware 15 r3), and I have two drives, the 256gb boot drive it came with, and a Samsung 500 gig EVO, both SSD's What I want to do is go to Settings>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove Everything>All Drives>Remove files and...
  8. Issue - Thanking people for their replies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue - Thanking people for their replies: When people respond to my posts, then how do I reply back to them? I get a message in my email box from the person who answered my question. Below their answer, there is a blue box which says: Post A Reply. So I am thinking I am responding to that person. When I click that,...
  9. reset laptop to sell it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset laptop to sell it.: I have windows 10 laptop that I want to sell. What's the best way to reset it so it will no longer have my info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-laptop-to-sell-it/81b9e579-79b0-427d-a974-2539faa2f8da
  10. Resetting a PC to sell on

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting a PC to sell on: Am thinking of selling on my laptop - what is the best approach to getting it ready for that - should I reset the PC under the settings / options? Obviously I will not keep to choose any personal files and I will make sure our office 365 currently installed on it is...