Windows 10: Reset laptop won't accept original password

Discus and support Reset laptop won't accept original password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10. I have used Recovery > Reset this PC. on my laptop. After the reset, I restarted the laptop. When I got to sign in it refuses the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Ellins, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Reset laptop won't accept original password

Windows 10. I have used Recovery > Reset this PC. on my laptop. After the reset, I restarted the laptop. When I got to sign in it refuses the password I was using before. It tells you to reset the password, which I did right there on the laptop. You have to identify yourself and it sends you a text with a security number which I entered. Then you have to sign on again but it won't accept the new password either. However, the new password works OK on my desktop. I went through the, changing the password routine, several times. Each time it works OK on my desktop ?????? I have absolutely no way to be able to use the laptop anymore. Can anyone help, please? Peter

:)

Peter Ellins, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jul 17, 2019
  3. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jul 17, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Reset laptop won't accept original password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Reset laptop won't accept original password

1. Reset laptop won't accept original password - Similar Threads - Reset laptop won't

2. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  3. Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password

Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  4. Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  5. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  6. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  7. Laptop won't accept password

8. Laptop won't accept my password

Laptop won't accept my password: What can i do. If i open my laptop and i type in my password it says password incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-my-password/3a25af04-6c56-4fe0-bc9d-afe86a6ae62a
  9. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password: Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN and the Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Or You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  10. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: Can't log into laptop due to password not reconised say i need usb key to put reset code in but still wont accecpt password thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-password/0a9b3ec6-854e-4a20-9bde-ce113591cbb4