Windows 10: Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

Discus and support Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC suddenly had an issue where the was too took ages to appear and the start button wouldn't respond. Restart, troubleshooter, repair didn't work so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Digitaldreams, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

PC suddenly had an issue where the was too took ages to appear and the start button wouldn't respond. Restart, troubleshooter, repair didn't work so had to reset windows.

PC up and running again but all the programs it removed are still on the start menu !. Some would allow removal when it couldn't find the link but many wont and remain. They won't 'uninstall' as nothing is there and no unpin options. How do I remove the dead wood ??

Thanks in advance...

:)

Digitaldreams, Sep 6, 2020

2. Can't edit start menu left side items

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

You can remove any unwanted app from “most used” app list and that will replace by other less used app. To remove the app, right click on app and click on “Don’t show in list”.

To remove the folder that appears on the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Start settings in search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Start in the left panel.
    • Click or tap on the “Choose which folder appears on Start”.
    • Toggle the button off for the folder that you want to remove from the Start menu.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the updated issue detail for further assistance.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

It's called the All Apps list. There are actually two, a personal one per user, and an all users list. These are combined to show as the list of apps in Start. Ghot has pointed you to the personal one (Option One in this tutorial). The All User list is in Option Three.

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Bree, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

1. Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed ! - Similar Threads - Reset left start

2. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  3. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  4. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot remove broken Start Menu items.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot remove broken Start Menu items.: Redirecting from https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5kk96u/need_help_how_to_fix_deadbroken_start_menu/ I have the same issue but I'm unable to remove broken start menu items. Please advise. submitted by /u/Vivraan [link] [comments]...
  6. Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !: PC suddenly had an issue where the was too took ages to appear and the start button wouldn't respond. Restart, troubleshooter, repair didn't work so had to reset windows. PC up and running again but all the programs it removed are still on the start menu !. Some would allow...
  7. Remove apps and items from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  8. Start menu items...

Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  9. Cannot remove items from Start menu

Cannot remove items from Start menu: I'm trying to remove what I suppose are some sort of system items, Mail, Alarms & Clock, Calculator etc. from the "All Apps" menu. Can't do it. They don't appear in the Windows/Start folder either. I'm never going to use some of these "apps", which I assume is the new hip...
  10. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...