Windows 10: Reset local account pass

Discus and support Reset local account pass in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I forgot my local account password windows 10 and I don't have a password disk, I know the answers of my security questions - I'm signing in with a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Emil Evstatiev, May 3, 2020.

1. Reset local account pass

Hi, I forgot my local account password windows 10 and I don't have a password disk, I know the answers of my security questions - I'm signing in with a PIN I know my PIN - how can I reset my pass? I tried to sign in with my Microsoft account but it requires the windows pass, I tried to reset the pass but it requires a disk ?

:)

Emil Evstatiev, May 3, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 3, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 3, 2020
  4. Reset local account pass

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Reset local account pass :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Reset local account pass

1. Reset local account pass - Similar Threads - Reset local account

2. Reset pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset pass: I have another account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I cannot reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pass/5554d5f8-c262-46b3-bdb7-c9fbad39e6e1
  3. Reset pass

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pass: I have another account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I cannot reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pass/5554d5f8-c262-46b3-bdb7-c9fbad39e6e1
  4. Reset pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Trying to reset local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to reset local account password: Hello!A few days ago, I signed out of a windows account by replacing it with a local account so I can sign in with a new windows account later.However when that time came I forgot my local account’s password and I can’t find a solution on how to reset it, any help?...
  6. Reset local account password.

Reset local account password.: I want to login with my microsoft account on a laptop. But I can´t since I need to know my dead stepfathers local account password. I know the pin number. Tried for hours to get in contact with microsoft support. But it is impossible to reach a human....
  7. How to reset a local account password from an admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset a local account password from an admin account: How do i change a local account’s password on a Windows 10 machine, using an Admin account? Last night, i changed the hours that the local account could log on. This morning, we discovered that the password and security questions must have also been changed dont know how...
  8. Password reset for local account

Password reset for local account: I changed the password on a local account and can not log in. How can I reset it if I can not get past the sign on screen? If I try the reset password option, it tells me to insert a USB drive. I did not set up the computer in the beginning, and no reset disc was made. Can I...
  9. Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account: Hi. I have a problem.. My password from admin account has changed without my permission. Do you know how to reset it? I have a local account if this can help.....
  10. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...