Windows 10: reset Microsoft permissions to download apps

Discus and support reset Microsoft permissions to download apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I accidently changed permission to download non -Microsoft apps and forgot where to go to change back.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by seancarter7, Jan 26, 2022.

1. reset Microsoft permissions to download apps

I accidently changed permission to download non -Microsoft apps and forgot where to go to change back.

:)

seancarter7, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

We would like to know what’s the result after running the apps troubleshooter. Please refer to this
    link
    if you wish to download the troubleshooter.

In case that the troubleshooter didn’t help on this matter, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store. Kindly follow the steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to run the command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try downloading the app again.
    Kindly keep us updated.

JohnMel And, Jan 26, 2022
  4. reset Microsoft permissions to download apps

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

reset Microsoft permissions to download apps

1. reset Microsoft permissions to download apps - Similar Threads - reset Microsoft permissions

2. how to change app permissions to download apps not from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change app permissions to download apps not from store: how to change app permissions to download apps not from store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-permissions-to-download-apps-not/9f03b3f0-6003-4b40-bbdf-60285f3c9ede
  3. how to change app permissions to download apps not from store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change app permissions to download apps not from store: how to change app permissions to download apps not from store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-permissions-to-download-apps-not/9f03b3f0-6003-4b40-bbdf-60285f3c9ede
  4. Microsoft app download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft app download: Ho do i find something on my laptop that I just downloaded from the Microsoft store? I have looked in every folder on my laptop and it is not there, although I remember seeing that it would be saved under a certain file...it is not anywhere that I can find. : Can someone...
  5. Resetting Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting Permission: Is there anyway to setup permissions so that you cannot factory reset a pc without administrator rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-permission/e9aa0a8d-8809-46e6-ad42-035c7baf5b31
  6. Microsoft store download reset.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store download reset.: I was downloading Forza Horizon 3 and have a slow connection and downloaded 20gbs in 7 hrs so far, I paused the download for 10 mins to get some work done but when i resumed it, it was reset and didn' even store the cache i had 118 Gb left in the drive before downloading...
  7. no permissions to system apps with Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no permissions to system apps with Microsoft account: I signed in to pc with Microsoft account and when I search in the search box for User Account Control or any other system apps , I get error message that I don't have appropriate permission , though I am administrator help me fix because I need Microsoft account for your...
  8. How to download windows apps and microsoft store after resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download windows apps and microsoft store after resetting?: After resetting, i lost all the windows apps that was originally installed in my laptop. How can i retrieve it back or how can i download these apps? I have even lost Microsoft Store from my Windows 10. I have tried many websites but none seems to work. They ask for checking...
  9. Download permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download permissions: Hi, I am working on a new computer (although I had the same problem on my old computer). When I try to download new applications (or delete files) I get an error message that I need to contact my administrator. I am the only person who uses this machine and there are no other...
  10. permissions of apps / and data downloads .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    permissions of apps / and data downloads .: Hello I cannot find where to turn off permissions of apps and data downloads , are you able to walk me through it,please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-of-apps-and-data-downloads/aa8452a0-9eea-4d14-8c46-74d0f4282c10