Windows 10: reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why

Discus and support reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how can I correct high speed fan problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PAULTOMLIN2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why

how can I correct high speed fan problem?

:)

PAULTOMLIN2, Sep 14, 2018

2. The CPU is cool but the fan is running at max speed which is very noisy. Is this the HP hardware problem ? Or is it the Window 10 issues ?

<Original title: Desktop fan control>

I bought a refurbished HP desktop with Window 10 operating system. The CPU is cool but the fan is running at max speed which is very noisy. Is this the HP hardware problem ? Or is it the Window 10 issues ? How to fix this problem ? Thank you.

Thanh-Nguyen, Sep 14, 2018
  3. CPU FAN SPEED

The above is true. Plus there's even more. Your CPU runs slower (and so also cooler) on battery to make the power last longer and use less power running fans. But when there's plenty of power (charging), it can run faster/hotter and just use the fan to
    cool it down instead of "passive cooling by running slower".

All of these can be adjusted in your advanced power options, if you care to.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 14, 2018
  4. NickOttWU Win User

reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why

CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why

1. reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why - Similar Threads - reset dell 755

2. Why is my cooling fan not functioning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cooling fan not functioning?: Hi, i've got a laptop windows10 and my cooling fan is not functioning, the first time the fan stopped working i turned off the computer for a very long while and when i turned it back ON it functioned for a couple of weeks and then stop functioning, may i some help on this...
  3. Why is my cooling fan not functioning?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my cooling fan not functioning?: Hi, i've got a laptop windows10 and my cooling fan is not functioning, the first time the fan stopped working i turned off the computer for a very long while and when i turned it back ON it functioned for a couple of weeks and then stop functioning, may i some help on this...
  4. cpu not running at full speed

cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  5. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  6. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cooling Fan Excessive running

Cooling Fan Excessive running: Hi, after my HP 250 Notebook (running Windows 10) received and instated the latest batch of Windows updates my cpu cooling fan begins to run as soon as I boot up. Are there any reported fan issues with the latest updates? It is really annoying now...…….....
  8. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  9. Cpu run at full speed

Cpu run at full speed: Hello guys i have a pro lem with my cpu. The cpu is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5 GHz. My cpu run at full 2.5GHz and that make my cpu usage 100%. I went to bios to se if the cpu was overclocked but it was actually set to auto. I tried to set it to 2.1 GHz and...
  10. CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10: Hello, everyone. I have posted this in other forums, too, in the hopes of getting some ideas. I recently installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could have, with no problems at all. So, motivated by how well everything went with...