Windows 10: Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

Discus and support Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ojash5, Sep 3, 2020.

1. /u/Ojash5 Win User

Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password

submitted by /u/Ojash5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ojash5, Sep 3, 2020

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Sep 3, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

1. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password - Similar Threads - Reset laptop asking

2. Reset laptop and now it asks for an email and password I don’t know

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset laptop and now it asks for an email and password I don’t know: My friend bought a surface studio laptop and used it fine, he reset it and now it’s asking for an email and password to sign in even though it’s reset apparently. He tried to reinstall windows by going into bios but bios asks for a password now. Previously, the laptop was...
  3. Reset laptop and now it asks for an email and password I don’t know

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset laptop and now it asks for an email and password I don’t know: My friend bought a surface studio laptop and used it fine, he reset it and now it’s asking for an email and password to sign in even though it’s reset apparently. He tried to reinstall windows by going into bios but bios asks for a password now. Previously, the laptop was...
  4. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...: I tried logging in with safe mode put i can't.My laptop didn't fully reset.My laptop will only be in safe mode with the command prompt option, but doesn't have the search button to repair the "The profile user has failed"....
  5. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...: I tried logging in with safe mode put i can't.My laptop didn't fully reset.My laptop will only be in safe mode with the command prompt option, but doesn't have the search button to repair the "The profile user has failed"....
  6. Reseted my PC my laptop asks me for my password, after putting my password a blank screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop suddenly asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop suddenly asking for password: My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go...
  8. My laptop is asking for My "New" password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop is asking for My "New" password: Hi, i have a problem, my Hp pavilion touchsmart b153sg updatedbti recent Windows 10 version isn't granting me access to my computer, this is a very old laptop and it belonged to my brother and he passed it onto me, he couldnt remember his password but he could remember his...
  9. windows 10 now asking for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 now asking for password: windows 10 as of today is now asking for a password on my seagate personal cloud. this is not password protected and its NOT a seagate issue. yesterday i could click the personal cloud icon and poof everything was available, now it asks for a password. how do i get it to stop...
  10. Now asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...