Windows 10: Reset my Laptop, now my second hard drive is missing!!!

Discus and support Reset my Laptop, now my second hard drive is missing!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just reset my PC as I thought it would be a good idea since it was slowing down, and there is a lot of clutter on it. I have 2 hard drives. The C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jayk1982, Jun 21, 2020.

1. jayk1982 Win User

Reset my Laptop, now my second hard drive is missing!!!

I just reset my PC as I thought it would be a good idea since it was slowing down, and there is a lot of clutter on it. I have 2 hard drives. The C: Drive is the SSD which runs all the essential apps such as Windows. My D: drive was just a normal hard disk which was far larger and I used it to stroe all my games and documents on.

There isn't anything I need to recover on that Hard Drive, as I back everything I need on an external hard drive, just in case, but once I have went through the whole process, I noticed that my D: drive is completely missing.

I have gone on loads of forums YouTube tutorials telling me to go on to Device Manager, but it doesn't appear on there. It's like it doesn't exist on this Laptop, but it was on there before I reset it. Not sure what to do now, but any help would be great.

Thanks

:)

jayk1982, Jun 21, 2020

2. second hard drive

Hi,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, it seems that the second hard drive is not recognized by your computer. For us to resolve the issue, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. Follow these steps on how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click View all at the left pane of the window.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset my Laptop, now my second hard drive is missing!!! - Similar Threads - Reset Laptop second

2. My second hard drive is suddenly missing. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second hard drive is suddenly missing. What can I do?: Hello,I have Windows 11 installed on my laptop with two internal drives. The c: drive is an SSD with the OS installed, and the d: drive is a hard drive where I put most of my files. I switched it on today and was greeted with an error saying that locations couldn't be found,...
  3. Will hard resetting my laptop reinstall missing drivers or adapters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will hard resetting my laptop reinstall missing drivers or adapters?: will hard resetting my laptop reinstall missing drivers and adapters? My laptops wifi adapter randomly deleted itself and after spending hours trying to fix it and a soft reset to try and keep my files, I’m wondering if a hard reset and loss of my files will result in my wifi...
  4. Will hard resetting my laptop reinstall missing drivers or adapters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will hard resetting my laptop reinstall missing drivers or adapters?: will hard resetting my laptop reinstall missing drivers and adapters? My laptops wifi adapter randomly deleted itself and after spending hours trying to fix it and a soft reset to try and keep my files, I’m wondering if a hard reset and loss of my files will result in my wifi...
  5. My Hard Drive suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hard Drive suddenly missing: Hello, I was downloading games on my pc until suddenly my D drive just disappeared. It was working fine until now. I unplugged my drive and plugged it in again, I went to the Disc Management and scanned for drives, and tried to follow the instructions on this community, but...
  6. My Hard Drive suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Hard Drive suddenly missing: Hello, I was downloading games on my pc until suddenly my D drive just disappeared. It was working fine until now. I unplugged my drive and plugged it in again, I went to the Disc Management and scanned for drives, and tried to follow the instructions on this community, but...
  7. Will games on my second hard drive, separate to my C: drive be uninstalled when I reset...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will games on my second hard drive, separate to my C: drive be uninstalled when I reset...: I'm thinking of resetting windows back to normal. I have games on my hard drive but will they be affected because they are 'programs'. I'm also concerned about the xbox specific apps, because last time when I reset my ssd the games from xbox game pass were still on my hard...
  8. Recover of Hard drive after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover of Hard drive after resetting my laptop: I face continue popup browsing in my google chrome.....That's why I reset my laptop.....Unfortunately after resetting my laptop all of my hard drives has gone..... What should I do?...
  9. Hard reset of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard reset of my laptop: I'm trying to hard reset my laptop. It is currently re-installing windows 10. I believe it is currently installing drivers. It will go up to 66 grom 64% jump up to around 85% then restart the computer and load at 64 again. What can i do?...
  10. Factory reset... now missing 40+ GB of hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset... now missing 40+ GB of hard drive space?: Good evening everyone! So, I just got finished doing a nice fresh factory reset as Windows did some updates and my computer run slower than molasses in January. After it was done, I had some 60-70 (out of 118) GB of free space on my SSD. Short story shorter I had to...