Windows 10: Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

Discus and support Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,So to make a long story short, I needed to reload Windows 10 from a restore point due to installing a bad theme. When I had begun to do so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IanT184, May 28, 2022.

1. IanT184 Win User

Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

Hello,So to make a long story short, I needed to reload Windows 10 from a restore point due to installing a bad theme. When I had begun to do so, Windows requested my password, which I had forgotten and thereafter reset through the website. It does not accept this reset password, however. What should I do?

:)

IanT184, May 28, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 28, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 28, 2022
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it? - Similar Threads - Reset password does

2. Need to reset Windows, not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset Windows, not accepting password: I have a maybe 3 year old Lenovo laptop. I don't use it often but trying to. When I turned it on, it told me it was "uninstalling changes.". Then I got a black screen, windows never booting upI don't really have anything but a Google drive link and Outlook email on the...
  3. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  4. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  5. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 does not accept correct wifi password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 does not accept correct wifi password: Hi all,I am a home user with a laptop Windows 10 Home and a fiber optic wifi router, to which I was able to connect without any problems until about 2 weeks ago I am not aware of any changes I made at that time, but maybe there was a Windows update. Since the last two weeks,...
  7. Windows 10 does not accept correct wifi password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 does not accept correct wifi password: Hi all,I am a home user with a laptop Windows 10 Home and a fiber optic wifi router, to which I was able to connect without any problems until about 2 weeks ago I am not aware of any changes I made at that time, but maybe there was a Windows update. Since the last two weeks,...
  8. Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?: Hello,So to make a long story short, I needed to reload Windows 10 from a restore point due to installing a bad theme. When I had begun to do so, Windows requested my password, which I had forgotten and thereafter reset through the website. It does not accept this reset...
  9. Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset my password but Windows 10 does not accept it?: Hello,So to make a long story short, I needed to reload Windows 10 from a restore point due to installing a bad theme. When I had begun to do so, Windows requested my password, which I had forgotten and thereafter reset through the website. It does not accept this reset...
  10. Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 does not accept my admin password: After windows 10 2004 Update, my computer Acer Predator G6 started to reboot periodically Kernel Power 41. I had similar issues after each update, so I changerd power options as the were offered as solution. That worked. After last update I went to registry and deleted...