Windows 10: Reset my pc reinstalled PRO!

Discus and support Reset my pc reinstalled PRO! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just bought a new laptop which can with Home (key bios embedded). I upgraded to Pro, and messed around but did something dumb (don't ask) and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cereberus, Jul 16, 2021.

1. cereberus Win User

Reset my pc reinstalled PRO!

I have just bought a new laptop which can with Home (key bios embedded). I upgraded to Pro, and messed around but did something dumb (don't ask) and I decided to reset my pc from cloud option. Imagine my surprise, that it reverted to factory state including all the Asus stuff including McAffee. There was a small oem partition that obviously took control. I always though a cloud reset would install without the crapware. However what really surprised me was that it reinstalled as Pro not as Home! In the past, reset my pc always reinstalled as Home (if you had a bios embedded key), and you had to reupgrade to Pro. Now it reinstalls the version on place at time of doing reinstallation. This is a ice change.

:)

cereberus, Jul 16, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 16, 2021
  3. UNABLE TO REINSTALL OR RESET THE PC

Hi Abijeet,

When troubleshooting, answering these few basic questions can help isolate the issue:

• May we know why you reset your PC?
    • Are you on an Insider build?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • When do you get the error message?
    • Are you able to go to the desktop before getting the error message?
    • Have you tested running your Windows on Safe Mode?

To start your PC in Safe Mode, follow the simple steps in this link.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jezhel Uga, Jul 16, 2021
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

Thema:

1. Reset my pc reinstalled PRO! - Similar Threads - Reset reinstalled PRO

2. Resetting my PC and Reinstalling Drivers - Where to Start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting my PC and Reinstalling Drivers - Where to Start?: Hello!I've been contemplating giving my PC a fresh start by resetting it, but I'm feeling a bit lost about where to begin. I know I'll need to reinstall my drivers, but I'm not sure if that's all there is to it. Are there any other components or software that I should be...
  3. Resetting my PC and Reinstalling Drivers - Where to Start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting my PC and Reinstalling Drivers - Where to Start?: Hello!I've been contemplating giving my PC a fresh start by resetting it, but I'm feeling a bit lost about where to begin. I know I'll need to reinstall my drivers, but I'm not sure if that's all there is to it. Are there any other components or software that I should be...
  4. Resetting my PC and Reinstalling Drivers - Where to Start?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to reset my pc and reinstall windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reset my pc and reinstall windows 11: I'm not sure what happen but I think I might of lost some windows files, windows wont let me open certain commands or apps for windows, wont let me reset my pc, says I'm not admin but I am. I even tried to reinstall windows iso but it wont let me when I open the downloaded...
  6. Trying to reset my pc and reinstall windows 11

Trying to reset my pc and reinstall windows 11: I'm not sure what happen but I think I might of lost some windows files, windows wont let me open certain commands or apps for windows, wont let me reset my pc, says I'm not admin but I am. I even tried to reinstall windows iso but it wont let me when I open the downloaded...
  7. PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??: HELP????????? I’VE BEEN ON THIS PROBLEM FOR SO LONG JUST FOR MICROSOFT TO MAKE IT WORST!!!!MY FIRST PROBLEM WAS THAT MICROSOFT DENIED ACCESS TO MY PC FOR SOME REASON??? “SET UP MY PIN” DOESNT SHOW ANYTHING!!!!!! I CONTACTED A SUPPORT AGENT TO FIX MY PROBLEM. BUT IT MADE IT...
  8. PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??

PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??: HELP????????? I’VE BEEN ON THIS PROBLEM FOR SO LONG JUST FOR MICROSOFT TO MAKE IT WORST!!!!MY FIRST PROBLEM WAS THAT MICROSOFT DENIED ACCESS TO MY PC FOR SOME REASON??? “SET UP MY PIN” DOESNT SHOW ANYTHING!!!!!! I CONTACTED A SUPPORT AGENT TO FIX MY PROBLEM. BUT IT MADE IT...
  9. Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.: Whenever i try to reinstall windows with the windows media tool, or reset using the built in system, it always encountered an error and starts to undo the changes made. how can i fix this so i can reset my pc? Edit: Specs- gtx 1070ti core i7 7700k 32gb corsair vengeance ram...
  10. Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows: Going forward I intend to use Reset PC. Ive used it before but its been a while. The tutorial on here shows that Reset PC now has a new cloud download option which wasn't available then. I always used to use Reset PC and it just did a local reinstall. I selected Remove...