Windows 10: Reset network login profiles

Discus and support Reset network login profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My dorm uses a centralized internet that is shared and requires you to login, i had my friend setup the first time for me but apparently he used his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seergaze, Jul 29, 2019.

1. seergaze Win User

Reset network login profiles

My dorm uses a centralized internet that is shared and requires you to login, i had my friend setup the first time for me but apparently he used his own login and now we are both sharing the same bandwidth

I should be able to create a new account with my own personal bandwidth if i can go through the first time setup again

How do i delete the network login on window 10? must I use network reset?

:)

seergaze, Jul 29, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 29, 2019
  3. network reset is not solving the wifi login problem

Hi Shahed,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that may refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To resolve
    your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #2: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection.

Step #3: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run window.
    • Type cmd, then press Enter.
    • Type ping www.microsoft.com,
      then press
      Enter.
    • If you receive 4 replies, your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, your Internet connection has issues.

Step #4: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Jul 29, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Reset network login profiles :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset network login profiles - Similar Threads - Reset network login

2. Issues with resetting and login profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with resetting and login profile: I reset my computer for reselling. However it still has my name on login and comes up with error message when I try my pin. I tried restarting it to safe mode by holding down shift and restart, then press F4. This does not put it in safe mode no matter how many timesI tried....
  3. Issues with resetting and login profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with resetting and login profile: I reset my computer for reselling. However it still has my name on login and comes up with error message when I try my pin. I tried restarting it to safe mode by holding down shift and restart, then press F4. This does not put it in safe mode no matter how many timesI tried....
  4. Issues with resetting and login profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network Profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Profiles: Hello, i have one single pc at home no other local networks or other computers just one for internet use some gaming and such things. Just a single router for internet connection that's all. Which profile is better to use private or public? Thank You!...
  6. password reset cant login to profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password reset cant login to profile: help I can not log in into my account from startup and when I used the password reset disk it said it encountered an error how can I fix this help please...
  7. Network Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Profile: Can someone tell me which setting would be the right one for the network Profile on my PC. Public or Private? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/bde2b4ae-9274-4692-b8bb-5746e36a3f16
  8. Network profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network profile: Hi, how do I change my network profile from public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/561c7f3b-3e13-4552-9f27-af04dca021de
  9. Network profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network profile: Might be a stupid question, if I change to private, does that mean people on my network (family PC members) can send stuff to my printer, see my folders (Documents, Downloads, and so on)?...
  10. network profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    network profile: how can I change my network from public to private, I tried many times but it keep changing to public. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/0111bc1f-d6f6-40cc-ab68-d18ccbc1d56a