Windows 10: Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user

Discus and support Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop registered in auto pilot that was originally enrolled by a user whose login name has subsequently changed. The auto pilot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonBeckett, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user

Hello

I have a laptop registered in auto pilot that was originally enrolled by a user whose login name has subsequently changed.

The auto pilot process keeps bringing the device to the login prompt for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have the correct password for that account but as the username is incorrect and I can't change the username on this creen I can't get past the login prompt post the reset. I'm really stuck.

Troubleshooting so far:

Resetting the device again has not resolved the issue.

I have deleted the device out of AzureAD and that also has not cleared up my issue.

Appreciate any other suggestions

:)

JasonBeckett, Aug 2, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Activity Reporting error non-existent device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that a non-existent device is showing in the activity reporting. As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from Manage device limits for all family accounts, I suggest you to try removing the device from the child account
    and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the child account.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Click on show details for the device that is non-existing.
    4. Click on More actions.
    5. Click on Remove PC.
    6. Click on I’m ready to remove this PC and click on
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user

Please Reset Your TechPowerUp Forums Password

I went through the password reset procedure and by the time I clicked on the link to reset the password, I was greeted with a password prompt for "Forum Admin Area" even on the main domain. Waited a few minutes and the prompt disappeared.

Jstn7477, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user

1. Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user - Similar Threads - Reset AutoPilot device

2. Factory reset with no password but now I'm being prompted for a password that never existed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset with no password but now I'm being prompted for a password that never existed!: I just bought a brand new ASUS laptop. I installed something unsavory and had to factory reset the laptop. Upon doing that I was prompted to sign in using my password for defaultuser0. The problem is I never set one and no matter what I try old passwords, Microsoft passwords,...
  3. Factory reset with no password but now I'm being prompted for a password that never existed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset with no password but now I'm being prompted for a password that never existed!: I just bought a brand new ASUS laptop. I installed something unsavory and had to factory reset the laptop. Upon doing that I was prompted to sign in using my password for defaultuser0. The problem is I never set one and no matter what I try old passwords, Microsoft passwords,...
  4. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  5. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  6. AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment: Trying to find a way to get devices enrolled with Endpoint Manager without the need for local admin or VPN. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get devices enrolled during this time of remote work? everything i have checked on either requires connection to the local...
  7. Non existent USB device is being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent USB device is being detected: I presently have no USB device plugged into my ASUS E510 Laptop. However, the laptop keeps giving me a popup claiming "USB device not recognized". It is almost behaving as if I am rapidly plugging in, and taking out a USB device, as it chimes both the plug in and unplug...
  8. user name and password prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    user name and password prompt: mail.comcast.net keeps asking me to enter my user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/user-name-and-password-prompt/43c75e41-bbcf-4f00-be05-711c9db8ee10
  9. Help: Non-existent user displayed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help: Non-existent user displayed: Hello, it's me again with a new problem. After a migration from a drive to another one (with Paragon) for one day all was OK. Yesterday I started to move the system folders (pictures, downloads, videos). The first mistake I think it was the NOT have created a photo...
  10. Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords: Dropbox is asking users to change their old passwords as part of a "preventative measure". In a blog post, the file-sharing and cloud storage company called out to users who haven't changed their passwords since mid-2012, saying the login credentials are potentially at...