Windows 10: reset of wifi

Discus and support reset of wifi in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; for some reason my wifi reset itself as Apple Network f6924f, I want to re name it and re set my internet password. I was able to reset it to private.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikebroderick3, Dec 27, 2018.

1. reset of wifi

for some reason my wifi reset itself as Apple Network f6924f, I want to re name it and re set my internet password. I was able to reset it to private. How do I re-name the wifi and reset the password?

:)

mikebroderick3, Dec 27, 2018

2. Wifi card needs resetting

I tried everything suggested so far and thanks guys but it still the same fault?

If I ask windows10 to diagnose the lack of internet it quite happily resets the WiFi card and all is fine until the laptop goes to sleep/switches off?? *Banghead

johnwallett, Dec 27, 2018
  3. PinkAcid Win User
    Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet

Hi guys,

i recently bought a windows 10 tablet from Onda that came with full licenced windows 10 (didnt upgrade from anything) and i reset it as soon as id finished fiddling about with it and testing it so i could set it up fresh. it worked perfectly before resetting it and it connected to my wifi fine but after it wont find any internet connections and when i click the wifi icon in the corner it says connections unavailable.

ive tried the reg delete thing as it has vpn on it and i googled around trying to find a fix, one of which suggested if you upgrade from windows 8 that vpn breaks the wifi so this might be similar? however the command prompt didnt find the reg key/thing it was supposed to delete so that was a no go.

ive tried diagnosing connection problems and it resets the wifi adaptor but nothing improves, ive also tried updating the wifi driver but it says its already up to date and i cant connect to the internet on it to search for another adaptor. ive contacted Onda but theyve just offered to replace it if i send this back which im a bit wary of doing as they might just deny recieving the item and im out £160 + whatever it costs to send to china tracked.

could anyone please help me?

this was what i tried:

Step-2: Execute the following command and then press Enter

reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step-3: Enter the bellow command and press Enter

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

it couldnt find the reg to delete

PinkAcid, Dec 27, 2018
  4. swat354 Win User

reset of wifi

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

reset of wifi

1. reset of wifi - Similar Threads - reset wifi

2. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  3. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  4. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset: I am using a windows 11 laptop, and I tried to factory reset my laptop to remove unwanted files. However, after the computer has finished resetting it says I need to connect to a network to continue setting up my device. After connecting to a network, and it says it’s...
  6. Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset

Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset: I am using a windows 11 laptop, and I tried to factory reset my laptop to remove unwanted files. However, after the computer has finished resetting it says I need to connect to a network to continue setting up my device. After connecting to a network, and it says it’s...
  7. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?: My WiFi keeps disconnecting and when I go to turn it back on there is no WiFi that shows up. I did a network reset and it didn’t work it continues to disconnect but it’s not the router because I have another laptop it works perfectly fine, and if I move from spot to spot this...
  8. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?: My WiFi keeps disconnecting and when I go to turn it back on there is no WiFi that shows up. I did a network reset and it didn’t work it continues to disconnect but it’s not the router because I have another laptop it works perfectly fine, and if I move from spot to spot this...
  9. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Cant connect to wifi after reset laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to wifi after reset laptop: So basically after i started my laptopDell Inspiron 15 3000, it asked me the language, my keyboard layout, and brought me to this screen. But ny wifi is not showing up so what am I supposed to do?...