Windows 10: Reset one side of a dual boot computer

Discus and support Reset one side of a dual boot computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I dual boot my laptop with 2 Windows 10 Operating Systems. One is my personal and the other work. I need to reset the personal side but dont wan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blacksheepsf, May 22, 2021.

1. Reset one side of a dual boot computer

I dual boot my laptop with 2 Windows 10 Operating Systems. One is my personal and the other work. I need to reset the personal side but dont wan to affect the work side. Is this possible and if so how do i do it?

:)

Blacksheepsf, May 22, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 22, 2021
  3. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 22, 2021
  4. Reset one side of a dual boot computer

Performing Dual boot on the computer (Windows 10 and windows xp).

Hi Vaibhav,

You will not face any system performance issues on performing dual boot by loading older Windows version first (Windows XP) and then the latest Windows version (Windows 10) on the computer.

To perform dual boot on the computer, you first have to create partitions to load both the OS onto the drives. Create disk partition by following the steps below and perform dual boot on the computer.

• Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open
      Run command, type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter.

• Right click on OS(CReset one side of a dual boot computer :) hard drive and select
      Shrink Volume.

• Allocate the disk space in MB and click on
      Shrink. An Unallocated drive will be created.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions and provide a drive name/letter in the process.

• Perform dual boot and check if the issue is resolved on the computer.

Write to us with the status of performing dual boot on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 22, 2021
Thema:

Reset one side of a dual boot computer

1. Reset one side of a dual boot computer - Similar Threads - Reset side dual

2. Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hello, I have the problem that I wanted to rebuild my Windows PC, but before I did not delete the Ubuntu partition. After 66% of the resetting, the system probably wanted to restart and ended up at Grup. Here I selected Windows where I landed on the usual login screen. When I...
  3. Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hello, I have the problem that I wanted to rebuild my Windows PC, but before I did not delete the Ubuntu partition. After 66% of the resetting, the system probably wanted to restart and ended up at Grup. Here I selected Windows where I landed on the usual login screen. When I...
  4. Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. dual boot one broken but only one partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot one broken but only one partition: 2015 i bought a laptop with win8 on it. when it was time, i updated to winX. Now at startup, i get to choose dual boot. i never gave it much thought tbo. then my harddrive died 2020 and i gave it to a shop to fix it useless idiot, i had to get the filehistory/image back on...
  6. dual boot one broken but only one partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual boot one broken but only one partition: 2015 i bought a laptop with win8 on it. when it was time, i updated to winX. Now at startup, i get to choose dual boot. i never gave it much thought tbo. then my harddrive died 2020 and i gave it to a shop to fix it useless idiot, i had to get the filehistory/image back on...
  7. Dual boot Ubuntu along side windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot Ubuntu along side windows 10: After installing ubuntu 20.04 along side my windows 10, I couldn't boot to windows anylonger. All I see is a black screen with some dashed lines whenever I select option of booting to windows from GRUB.I NEED HELP....
  8. Will reseting this PC in dual booted computer

Will reseting this PC in dual booted computer: Will resetting this pc in an dual booted computer deletes the dual booted operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-this-pc-in-dual-booted-computer/a42217f4-5e25-4aea-b03f-aba3c8e8a9f8
  9. Dual boot on one PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot on one PC: I have a current HDD on a PC with windows 10 Home and a new HDD on the same PC with Windows 10 Pro installed. I want to boot from each hard drive at different times and know how to do that, however since I use my Microsoft account to keep track of my devices and currently...
  10. Upgrade one side of current Dual boot setup

Upgrade one side of current Dual boot setup: All, My current computer is already in a dual boot setup with a dedicated Win7 SSD and a dedicated Win8.1 SSD (not just a partitioned drive). Both drives are booting through BIOS not UEFI. What I would like to do is Upgrade the Win8.1 drive to Win10 and keep the Win7 drive...