Windows 10: Reset or calibrate maximized window location and size?

Discus and support Reset or calibrate maximized window location and size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using AutoHotKey to move windows on my desktop and the script gets the desktop size and coordinates from 'Program Manager'. When I get that info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by woodhouse, Dec 15, 2020.

1. woodhouse Win User

Reset or calibrate maximized window location and size?

I'm using AutoHotKey to move windows on my desktop and the script gets the desktop size and coordinates from 'Program Manager'. When I get that info for a maximized window, it shows the window location as -8, -8 and the window size as 1936, 1216. My display resolution is set at 1920 x 1200, and I would expect a maximized window to have a location at 0, 0. Is there any way to reset the maximized window location to 0, 0 and size to 1920 x 1200? I looked in the monitor menu (the one that displays by pressing the buttons on the monitor itself) but could not find anything relevant there. Thanks for any help. Win 10, 20H2.

:)

woodhouse, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Cerawy Win User

Windows calibration resets

I got a problem with my with windows display color calibration. If i play a game, the calibration resets, so i have to make a new one again. Any suggestions?

Solved by doing a calibration with nvidias control panel instead.

Cerawy, Dec 15, 2020
  3. WIN10 MAXIMIZE ALL WINDOWS

Hi,

Window sizes are set to Normal by default. You may change the default window size of Windows programs by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows shortcut (Ex. Microsoft Edge)
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Locate Run:, and then click the down-arrow to change the selected default window size.
    • Choose Maximized.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Feel free to get back to us if you encounter any further issues.

Patricia Yu, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

I need to disable windows calibration in Windows 10

Hello,

• When you say “disable windows calibration” are you referring to Color calibration in windows 10?
    I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to know more about color calibration in
    Windows 10. Check if it helps

"Get the best display on your monitor"

Get the best display on your monitor

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset or calibrate maximized window location and size? - Similar Threads - Reset calibrate maximized

2. win10 colour calibration resetting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 colour calibration resetting.: As the title suggests i have made a custom ICC profile using the windows 10 colour calibration, the issue is that i need to open the colour management every time i start my pc even though it is set as the default colour profile which is an inconvenience along with every time...
  3. Windows resetting the size, shape and location of program windows

Windows resetting the size, shape and location of program windows: Windows seems to forget the size and shape and location of my open windows. They change every time I leave the computer or shut down and then restart. It didn't use to do this. A window remained the size I set. This is the third time I have asked for help on this. The one...
  4. Windows Color Calibration Keeps resetting

Windows Color Calibration Keeps resetting: Hello, one day when i booted up my laptop, the computer screen has a red tint thats above everything else, and may fluctuate in its strength depending from time to time. I checked Windows Color Calibration, and it showed that my PC was on the max on red coloring, and i toned...
  5. Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown: Good day fellow redditors. Ive dealt with an issue over the past few months where everytime i start my pc up, the display calibration goes out of wack and the whole screen becomes green. I have 3 monitors and this calibration appears on **all** 3 of the displays. And i...
  6. Window size and location stability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window size and location stability: has there been a solution to the problem of the program windows changing size and location? I asked this question 10-2019 and have not seen a workable solution...
  7. Reset program windows to their default size and location

Reset program windows to their default size and location: Hello, I am a big fan of old MS-DOS games and I use DOSBox a lot to play them. The problem is, DOSBox changes the screen resolution (naturally) and after I return back to Windows, the window of many programs are resized. Windows Explorer, Settings, etc run in a small...
  8. Drag window to maximize/restore size

Drag window to maximize/restore size: On my win10pro workstation I'm able to drag a window to the top of the screen to maximize it. In the same way, I can drag it down to restore it. I really like this feature and it has become my go to way of maximizing/restoring windows. Now to the problem. This feature is...
  9. windows size and location

windows size and location: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. How do I get the windows to remember the size and location I closed them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-size-and-location/24c054f5-5393-45d9-bdda-6abc719c58d9
  10. Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration: I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button...