Windows 10: reset or remove Windows 10 administrator user password

Discus and support reset or remove Windows 10 administrator user password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I forgot the administrator user password and got locked out of my laptop. I don't have a pre-created password reset disk. I tried accessing the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jambt, Aug 25, 2019.

1. jambt Win User

reset or remove Windows 10 administrator user password

I forgot the administrator user password and got locked out of my laptop. I don't have a pre-created password reset disk.

I tried accessing the advanced boot options by pressing Shift+Restart but nothing happened.

How can I reset or remove the password without risking my files in my laptop?

:)

jambt, Aug 25, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Pyeti Win User
    password on windows removal

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

NT Password Reset will remove the password from your local administrator account (or any other account). Quite easy and straight forward to use.

Pyeti, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. reset or remove Windows 10 administrator user password - Similar Threads - reset remove administrator

2. Administration user/password not known

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user/password not known: I need to upgrade a payroll programme and do not have the Admin username/password. Previous person left acrimoniously so no help there. Any help would be good....
  3. user password removal

user password removal: I don't want a user password at startup, how do I remove this for good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-password-removal/722ed07e-e726-45f4-bc69-b7bb0218ee1d
  4. user password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user password reset: Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she...
  5. ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET: I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD FOR WINDOWS 10. HOW CAN I FIND IT OR RESETT IT PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password-reset/747cd9d6-0413-4a7c-b88b-1b93e16c55c3
  6. reset administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset administrator password: hi! im currently using my brother’s laptop. i need to update a software that requires the admin password. however, he forgot the password. how do i reset it? i cant log in the admin acc :...
  7. reset administrator password

reset administrator password: Hi, I forgot the administrator password how can you help me, please Thanks Noor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-administrator-password/faefd243-0f18-4e1d-9da6-1b6554ce5e30"
  8. reset administrator password without current administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...
  9. Reset Administrator Password

Reset Administrator Password: How do I reset my forgotten administrator password on my pc when I have password protect blocking me from doing anything to make changes to other user accounts?...
  10. administrator user name / password

administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin username and password

2. admin name and password