Windows 10: Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

Discus and support Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 손량, Mar 21, 2019.

1. 손량 Win User

Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17 years old BTW.

However, my father's account was created ages ago, and he can't remember not only the password, but also the account's email. Even worse, it turned out that the email he used is now not being serviced anymore, so there's no way to recover his account's password.

Is there any way to get rid of this situation? Thanks in advance.

:)

손량, Mar 21, 2019

2. Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Jedzi Win User
    Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Hi,

I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access.

However I don't like the fact that to create a child account and use the child safety features Microsoft forces me to create a Microsoft account / hotmail address for them. Are my options:

1. Live with it
    2. Use other parental control software, e.g. Custodio
    3. Tie individual browsers down with parental controls.

Thanks,

Jedzi, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Jane Pin Win User

Parental control

Hi, Giwa.

To disable your Parental Control, please follow the steps:

1. Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.

2. Click User Accounts.

3. Click Parental Controls.

4. Click on your account photo.

5. Choose Parental control off.

We're just here if you have further questions. Have a great day!

Jane Pin, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed - Similar Threads - Reset parental control

2. Parental control

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental control: ***moved on english forum*** Hello, Since a few months, i cannot access to the online content from forza horizon 4, because microsoft randomly set a family account on mine with a parental control... In 3 months, nobody answered me, and nothing in the support talks about...
  3. Parental Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Control: Just got my laptop fix and when I was trying to play one of my games it says Parental control is on. I try looking it up how to turn it off but none of them worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-control/c1115ca6-a475-49f5-a8c8-4488918746bd
  4. Parental controls

Parental controls: I tried to access a game on Steam and was told that Windows parental controls have blocked my access. I am an adult of 70+ tears with no children presently in residence and everything I find says I need to set up a child's account to disable parental controls. What if one has...
  5. Parental Controls

Parental Controls: We just bought our boys lenovo laptops. We need to block adult content and disable certain websites. We have logged on as administrators on the laptops. We have updated all content restrictions on microsoft.com and its still allowing adult websites and websites that we’ve put...
  6. Parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental controls: When I play forza horizon 4 on pc I cant acces some features because parental control is blocking it. So how do I remove it? I have been searching solution for 3 hours and nothing helped....
  7. Parental controls

Parental controls: When I play forza horizon 4 on pc I cant acces some features because parental control is blocking it. So how do I remove it? I have been searching solution for 3 hours and nothing helped....
  8. Parental Controls

Parental Controls: Good morning, I just removed myself from my family because I am an adult and they are still monitoring my online activity. I removed myself from my family, but I still need permission to access websites even after I removed myself from the family. How do I make it to where...
  9. Parental control

Parental control: How can i turn parents control on forza horizon 3 sa I can play online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/parental-control/75ec194c-7bf0-471d-b8d4-e1d6b5258cd4"
  10. Parental controls

Parental controls: All the sudden parental controls just activated and I can't use my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/parental-controls/6f129b96-ff7b-463a-b313-888e7e1ec21b"