Windows 10: Reset passcode for Windows login

Discus and support Reset passcode for Windows login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sent laptop in for service and now my passcode doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AluraLee, Aug 7, 2019.

1. AluraLee Win User

Reset passcode for Windows login

Sent laptop in for service and now my passcode doesn't work.

:)

AluraLee, Aug 7, 2019

2. WIndows 10 Reset passcode

Hello Donna,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed.
    1. How did you reset your password?

I suggest you to use the OSK( Onscreen keyboard) from the easy access icon located in login screen .

• Click on the Ease of access button in the right bottom corner of the login screen.

• Select On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Now enter password with On-Screen Keyboard and check.( Try both old and new passwords)

Note: Press the eye icon after typing the password in login screen to check if has typed proper password.

Hope it helps. Reply with necessary information and results to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Reset passcode for Windows login

How to reset a passcode.

Does anyone know how to reset a passcode?

LawrencePhillips2, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Reset passcode for Windows login

1. Reset passcode for Windows login - Similar Threads - Reset passcode login

2. what is passcode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is passcode: i want new featurs plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-passcode/c05c5469-82d9-4dc7-9e99-c68b111e7142
  3. Can't reset passcode with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset passcode with error: Hi,Today i turn on my laptop and see notication at login page "Your PIN is not available now" and use reset PIN to reset it.But when i click reset PIN i have a errorexplorer.exe - System errorThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.This...
  4. Can't reset passcode with error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset passcode with error: Hi,Today i turn on my laptop and see notication at login page "Your PIN is not available now" and use reset PIN to reset it.But when i click reset PIN i have a errorexplorer.exe - System errorThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.This...
  5. Forgetting window log in passcode and fail to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgetting window log in passcode and fail to reset: I try to log in window 11. In log in window it shows only user name and passcode. I try to fill six digits passcode but is incorrect. Then it show hint "mother maiden name". Then I try again. it is incorrect. Then ask for reset passcode. I have to answer three security...
  6. Forgetting window log in passcode and fail to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgetting window log in passcode and fail to reset: I try to log in window 11. In log in window it shows only user name and passcode. I try to fill six digits passcode but is incorrect. Then it show hint "mother maiden name". Then I try again. it is incorrect. Then ask for reset passcode. I have to answer three security...
  7. passcode reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    passcode reset: IMy passcode does not work and I get the email put the code in and reset new passcode. Problem is it says its the wrong passcode. I have tried thisd multiple times with no sucess....
  8. Passcode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Passcode: To whom it may concern, My computer was working fine , I just recieved the latest windows update and everything went fine. I was running low on storage after the update but was able to delete previous version of windows. everything was still finebut the next day I tried to...
  9. problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login: I just purchased 2 HP PCs for my elementary school age granddaughters to use for virtual classrooms. Both have Windows 10 version 1909. I tried to use netplwiz to disable the sign-in passwords and pass codes, but something went wrong. I thought I followed the instructions to...
  10. passcode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    passcode: I am trying to passcode protect a folder does anyone know how to do it? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passcode/ef25342b-38dd-492d-8e27-9818f272a963"