Windows 10: Reset password on new computer

Discus and support Reset password on new computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just purchased new HP computer with Microsoft software. Set it up and no password will work. Took it to a tech and was told factory reset or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JAB001, Mar 30, 2021.

1. JAB001 Win User

Reset password on new computer

Just purchased new HP computer with Microsoft software. Set it up and no password will work. Took it to a tech and was told factory reset or Microsoft could reset the password. Need help can't get past the login screen

:)

JAB001, Mar 30, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Reset password on new computer

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Reset password on new computer

1. Reset password on new computer - Similar Threads - Reset password computer

2. How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?: So I bought a new laptop, thought it would be smart to reset the old one for the kids, before realizing I was just setting up a second family account for them. Now as I’m trying to restart, it’s gone to my attention that I have forgotten my Microsoft account password - not to...
  3. How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?: So I bought a new laptop, thought it would be smart to reset the old one for the kids, before realizing I was just setting up a second family account for them. Now as I’m trying to restart, it’s gone to my attention that I have forgotten my Microsoft account password - not to...
  4. How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reset computer with no password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset computer with no password?: I recently bought a computer from someone online but I can not reset it. I've run into a few problems when trying to reset it and I don't know what to do.-=-=-=-Problems I've run into consist of:1 “There was a problem resetting your PC”2 can't enter bios because the keyboard...
  6. How to reset computer with no password?

How to reset computer with no password?: I recently bought a computer from someone online but I can not reset it. I've run into a few problems when trying to reset it and I don't know what to do.-=-=-=-Problems I've run into consist of:1 “There was a problem resetting your PC”2 can't enter bios because the keyboard...
  7. How to reset computer with no password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer locked and reset password

Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  9. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  10. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware