Windows 10: Reset Password

Discus and support Reset Password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work. They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrysutt, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Reset Password

My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work.

They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper case,one lower case + symbols etc.)

but they also say there must be one didgit, what do they mean by this?

:)

Terrysutt, Aug 20, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 20, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset Password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Reset Password

1. Reset Password - Similar Threads - Reset Password

2. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Password after Factory Reset: Issue: I factory reset my windows 10 computer, after the reset it prompt me to the log-in user page but when I inserted my password it would give me this issue: User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I tried: Resetting multiple...
  3. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Password after Factory Reset: Issue: I factory reset my windows 10 computer, after the reset it prompt me to the log-in user page but when I inserted my password it would give me this issue: User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I tried: Resetting multiple...
  4. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I haven't reset my password on my Asus laptop sucessfully due to forgetting my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't reset my password on my Asus laptop sucessfully due to forgetting my password.: Guys!!! I've got a problem recently. I have set a password in my Asus laptop but I have forgotten it, I've tried many tips to log in without password but it's still useless including I have pressed Shift buttom while restarting my device. It doesn't show "Choose your options"...
  6. I haven't reset my password on my Asus laptop sucessfully due to forgetting my password.

I haven't reset my password on my Asus laptop sucessfully due to forgetting my password.: Guys!!! I've got a problem recently. I have set a password in my Asus laptop but I have forgotten it, I've tried many tips to log in without password but it's still useless including I have pressed Shift buttom while restarting my device. It doesn't show "Choose your options"...
  7. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?: Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display...
  8. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?: Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display...
  9. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....